TV Satellite southern Spain

Tinlizzie

Many thanks SatandPCguy for clearing up a few misnomers and giving us the benefit of your years of experience working in Spain.

I've heard a rumour that the Discovery Channel (Sky subscription channel) is moving from the European beam to the UK Spot beam. Maybe other Sky subscription channels will follow suit?

It may also be worth noting (for the benefit of Forum users) that the HD channels transmit on the DVB-S2 signal. So, check your digibox/receiver to make sure it is compatible with the DVB-S2 standard. Quite a few of the Sky subscription channels now only transmit in HD. Modern Sky receivers should be compatible.

Robbo - 2017-11-19 10:46 AM

I've heard a rumour that the Discovery Channel (Sky subscription channel) is moving from the European beam to the UK Spot beam. Maybe other Sky subscription channels will follow suit?

The SD Discovery channels moved to the UK beam back in September.

They are now on 12382 H 27500 5/6

Probably as QUEST, one of their channels that also shows live sport (via Eurosport - another discovery group channel), is free to air... so needs to be limited to the UK as much as possible.

It is one of the weakest frequencies I have seen, even weaker than the UKTV Group of channels, and ITV1HDs...needs some really good fine tuning and skewing to get them.

Discovery HD channesl are still on European beam..

Some Sky pay channels have already been on the UK beam back inthe 2d days... Sky SPorts Active / Red Buttons, for example, and a few other I cannot remember atm!

I have just got back from a site in Villajoyosa and was chatting to a UK mh owner who had what I estimate was a 60cm dish on the roof of his van. He said that he was surprised at the amount of 'Sky' channels he could receive with such a small dish there (he didn't say which ones). Several people had rented 1m dishes and were getting all channels.

MobDro on an Android TV box / tablet works reasonably well on a lot of campsites wifi in the Costa Blanca area.

Valkrider - 2017-11-19 2:40 PM

I have just got back from a site in Villajoyosa and was chatting to a UK mh owner who had what I estimate was a 60cm dish on the roof of his van. He said that he was surprised at the amount of 'Sky' channels he could receive with such a small dish there (he didn't say which ones). Several people had rented 1m dishes and were getting all channels.

AS mentioned before most f the Sky pay channels are on the European beam and so can be received on a small ish sized dish. 60cm is right on the very limit - with little rain margin - , but if you go further south it will be too small.

90x100cm dishes in Villajoyosa getting all channels....surprised...i doubt they were getting all channels, (especially ITVHD´s, UKTV Groups, SD Discovery channels) as the dish will simply be too small. I struggle to get the SD DIscovery channels sometimes on a 110x120cm dish - and I m in the UK beam hot spot north of villajoyosa. So perhaps they had were renting larger dishes...

We are in Benicassim, about 50 miles south of Valencia. We watch most SKY channels via our 85cm sat dish with auto skew and SKY HD box. SKY do not broadcast BBC/ITV channels.

We watch those by pointing the dish to Intelsat 902 and through an Icecrypt decoder box.

When we are in Benidorm, we get everything SKY/BBC/ITV via the SKY HD box

DJP - 2017-11-28 8:30 PM

We are in Benicassim, about 50 miles south of Valencia. We watch most SKY channels via our 85cm sat dish with auto skew and SKY HD box. SKY do not broadcast BBC/ITV channels.

We watch those by pointing the dish to Intelsat 902 and through an Icecrypt decoder box.

North of Valencia. You must be holding the map upside down!!

DJP - 2017-11-28 8:30 PM

Not sure how you manage that.

According to the Lyngsat information the Intelsat 902 carries mainly African programmes :-S

https://www.lyngsat.com/Intelsat-902.html

Archived