Dieppe Campsites

wardy

Can't help you with a campsite that is open all year but, there is an aire in Dieppe that is open 365 days.

GPS location. N49* 55' 54.02" E1* 5' 2.004" or 49.93167, 1.08389

I stopped there earlier this year, price was €12 per 24 hours including Water, black & grey waste disposal

& EHU . Can't say how long it will take you to drive there from the tunnel 'cause I don't know how fast you drive but, it is about 180 Km.

Regards

Phil

wardy - 2017-11-22 11:57 AM

We are going to France for a few days for a anniversary in January, I would like to know if anyone knows of a campsite that is open all year around the Dieppe area and driving time from the tunnel. THANKS.

The nearest one I am aware of is the Fontaine des Clercs at Montreuil-sur-Mer (though it isn't sur mer! :-)). It is open all year, and has heated, though rather basic, facilities. However, Montreuil is about 80 miles from Dieppe.

Not sure I'd want to do the Newhaven-Dieppe run in January. The crossing time is about four and a half hours, and the sea usually runs at about 45 degrees to the ferry, so it "corkscrews" all the way. Can get pretty bouncy in a good sou'wester! :-D

Is the anniversary in the town, or outside, as choice in winter seems very limited?

Silly suggestion, perhaps, but if you went by car and booked a hotel (which should be cheap out of season), you should save on the tunnel and in fuel, so it might not be that much more costly, and should also warmer and more comfortable if the weather is rough.

Brian Kirby - 2017-11-22 3:44 PM

Silly suggestion, perhaps, but if you went by car and booked a hotel (which should be cheap out of season), you should save on the tunnel and in fuel, so it might not be that much more costly, and should also warmer and more comfortable if the weather is rough.

ADMIN!!!!

There's a man here advising people to use CARS! And HOTELS!

And worse, he's hacked Brian's account, and is impersonating him!

(Wardy - we've used the Aire several times, and it's fine, and handy for town too. Not sure if the water will be on in Jan though, so make sure you fill up at home just in case.)

There seems to be two ‘aires’ in Dieppe, both close to the port

http://www.campingcar-infos.com/Francais/cci.php?numero=1435

The campsite "Le Val Boisé” at Berneval-le-Grand (about 10 kilometres north-east of Dieppe) is said to be open all year.

http://camping-le-val-boise.com/en/home/

If I were planning to go there in January 2018, I would e-mail the campsite beforehand to confirm that it will actually be open then - I’ve learnt my lesson when it comes to the advertised opening dates of French campsites!!

Tony Jones - 2017-11-25 1:18 PM

Not just campsites Derek!

I find that lots of small businesses over seem to feel their advertised opening times are a "maximum," ie they're definitely closed OUTSIDE those times. Within them, they might or might not decide to open!

One of the "Joys" of living in France !!

We had some French visitors , and they could not believe that you could shop all night in our supermarkets !!

Maybe one day the French will will cotton on to 21st century living

PJay

Archived