Warning light 2012 boxer

weldted

Hi I have a 2012 Elddis Aspire on a Boxer chassis. The orange warning light a circle with two markings which I take to be the disc pad warning light comes on after about an hour or so.driving, turn the engine off restart light is off. This has happened three or four times. Before leaving UK changed front pads although less than 50% worn as away for a long time, new set only had one padwith warning cable. So sealed of other sides lead to prevent moisture or short. Rear pads fine they have no warning (wear) leads. Brake fluid changed last year and level correct (25550) miles. Any suggestions pleas, I have a good quality code reader no fault codes shown?

This MHFacts thread relates to the Ducato worn brake-pads warning-light.

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/ducato-front-brake-pad-wear-warning-light-question.149559/

and it’s likely to be relevant to equivalent Boxers.

Possible reasons suggested on the Fiat Forum for the light coming on are:

- the lead for the pad sensor (comes from the pad to a connector) is not plugged in or is not plugged in properly

- the wire from the pad to the vehicle is damaged and as the hub moves up and down with the suspension the break in the wire is causing a lack of contact and putting the light on

- the pads are faulty

Archived