Multimo "Free To Air" Satellite TV Kit

tonyishuk

Has anyone taken up MMM's subscription offer ? And does it do what it says on the label ?

I note that RoadPro have the same kit with a Pace reciver which is about another £150 extra, Is this a better way to go ?

We have a Rapido 709F with very little roof space so I think a crank up Sat fixing would not have the space to fold down

Rgds

I'd go to Maplin Electronics, Lidls, Aldi's or Makro's and look at theirs first they are only around £59. Both us and our nieghbours got one and the work well. Albeit I'm not very good at the setting up it takes me too long but that would be the same for any kit.

Bas

Hi Tony,

I can recommend the Multimo Sat Dish, I use it with the Pace Javelin 1000 receiver. I have received all the UK public channels as far down as Hendaye on the French Spanish border Atlantic coast, and Leucate on the Med nr the French Spanish border, as well as North France, Holland, Germany.

I could receive signals with the multimo dish when the larger 80 cm dishes would not received all channels. I would be inclined to try MMM's offer the Zehnder DX-65 satellite receiver sounds to be a good buy, it should be matched to the Multimo Dish as that is also produced by Zehnder.

The only problem with the Maplins kit is the dish, although it will give good results over most of northern and mid europe, it does not have the signal gain of the Multmo in fringe reception areas found in southern europe.

The only disadvantage with the Multimo (LNB mounted behind dish) is that it must have line of site with the satellite, the type of dish with the LNB on an arm in front of the Dish, can see over a tree,house or hill, as it were. I believe the reason the cassgrain (multimo) dish is more efficient is because there is less loss on the reflected wave as it is reflected from 360 deg of the dish, whereas the other type does not have the same focus.

Regards Terry

I can only say that the Multimo dish is superb and has worked for us throughout Europe for the past 5 years.

We've dumped the enormous mains Pace style receiver we first had for the incredibly small 12 volt receiver from Maplin (go on line).

It has every European satellite pre-programmed and is superb value at 50-60 quid - so you can always get something in English - even if from one of the other satellites with a larger footprint!

It also had a much better system for locating the signal than the Pace system including an audio tone .

The EPG (programme guide) is not in the Sky format - in fact it is easier and far more user friendly ... so for under 200 you're on the road and don't have to endure the Sky sales pitch and system peculiarities!

Don't bother with any sat "FINDER" they're a waste of time and money we get going in seconds without (you need to pay three figures for anything sensible).

Do get plenty of extension cable so if necessary you can site the dish away from the van and find clear sky - if you want shade there's no way you can get a signal without - Roadpro also do an excellent tripod stand (but do anchor it well or it'll blow over and bend your dish).

A good compass with a kebab stick stuck to it is all you ever

May I just gently correct Terry -

No matter what type of dish you use you must still be able to draw a straight line from the LNB to the satellite (no matter how reflected) to get a signal.

The Multimo is an integrated system without parts that are constantly being put up and down (unlike the offet dish arm which is constantly put up and down) meaning the LNB does move ... and the engineering is not always very clever.

Just imagine a tight length of string from the LNB, reflected by the dish to the 'bird' - that's like pointing at an exercise ball 22,300 miles away!

See no blue sky - see no signal!

Archived