Vet near Cherbourg

sandalwood

Hi, does anyone know a REPUTABLE vet for my dog on my way home? Never taken dog

before, and want to go on fast ferry. However, 3 hrs in motor home alone, is too much? Any advice gratefully received.

Never have taken Oscar before, 12 year old ,Westie, how would he get on touring Francd May/June!

Ian

Hi Ian

We have been taking our dogs for a few years. It’s amazing when they first got out of the MH with all the new smells!!

We tend to use the tunnel for that very reason of leaving Lulu on her own.

But I’m sure with a long walk prior to boarding all will be fine.

With reference to a Vet, we tend to stop on route a couple of days prior to catching the train. It’s cheaper that way.

In fact when we go to our place in Spain we use one in Benijofar.

Den

Hi we have a 2 year old Westie and took him to France on our first trip abroad in our MH in April/May. We did Poole - Cherbourg and Ronnie stayed in MH on 4 hour trip over. You do get a chance half way over to go down and visit but we did not like to disturb him. I don't remember the vet on return off hand where it was but can get address probably if your interested. Don't worry there are lots around. Had a brilliant trip by the way and will be going over again next year to visit our friends in Marseillon. Take your own medication for him from your vet for return it will be cheaper. If you have any more questions please get in touch. Best regards Phil

Archived