Anybody in Calpe Spain this winter.

Zydeco Joe

Last year we spotted two or three new camper stops being built in Calpe Spain and am wondering if anybody on here is using them. Planning on visiting the area again this winter and would like any feed back please. Last year we spent a week on the one campsite close to the town and at a later visit in Feb parked up on a side road with 15 or so other vans as all the campsite pitches were full. Do they still allow street wild camping after the camper stops have been finished ?. B-)

Hi Joe,Going over mid Feb, booked into Calpe mar site for March & April (nr town). The new site 4/500m

up the road I believe opened May 2016, the other sites nr Aldi & Lidle must also be finished, so their must

be space for at leased a 100 more vans, I hope this is the case as the continual road camping must ass off the Spanish. we have all done it but with me only as a last resort. I don't travel 1200 miles to camp on a shoestring ?

See you in Calpe, the most convenient site in Spain.

Praggy I know what you mean so only street camped so we could stop in the area. We could not get into the two older camper stops till March at the best last year and the campsite was 100% full when we went back to Calpe in Feb. It is a nice place but like lots of Spain getting a bit crowded. B-)

Guest pelmetman

There are currently spaces on Calpemar ;-) .........Some folk have decamped to the new campsite next door, as they're doing seriously cheap deals less than 10 euro's a night plus free leccy and wifi 8-) .......

Its also getting more sun than us at certain times of day since they finished building the Utopia :-S .......

Although I doubt that'll be the case once they've finished building the two blocks of flats across the road from them :-| .....

One other thing to note they're strictly motorhomes only, no caravans tents and have a 20kg dog rule.......So that's us out on two counts :D ...........

Not that we'd move as we like Calpemar B-) .........

Archived