Beam deflectors for Frankia A class motorhome

Frankiaman

Hi, I have a 56 plated Frankia, with small headlamp lens (approx 800mm diameter)

I am looking for a beam deflector kit to fit these lens but an assistant at Halfords said she wasn't sure their kit was suitable for my vehicle. I have been in touch with the tech team at MMM and they have advised that the lenses can be removed and turned round to make them legal in France but this seems a bit of a faff when arriving in France in the dark and possibly cold and wet. I believe a lot of Hymers and Burstners have the same headlamp lens. So can anyone recommend a better solution that as worked well for them and is road legal.

Thanks in anticipation

(I’ve copied below Bill’s posting that was on the Chatterbox forum as it identifies the Frankia model he owns. I’ve also deleted the Chatterbox thread..... Derek Uzzell)

Hi everyone, Sorry but I'm a newbie to forums so not sure how they work, anyway I have a Frankia Motorhome I630SD 56 plate, which has small headlamps (approx diameter of 800 mm). I have been trying to obtain beam deflectors for these before a trip to Europe but have been told that the Halfords deflectors kits are not suitable. I asked the MMM tech team and Terry Acreman says my lens can be removed and turned round to reset them for European travel. However this seems to be a bit of a faff especially as I will need UK settings whilst travelling to the Tunnel in the early hours and arriving in France when it will still be dark. Can anyone advise of a better solution. I understand that there are lots of Hymers and Burstners with this style of headlamp lens.

I think you mean the Hella 90mm dia projector lamps.

Got them on my van. Rotating the dipped beam lamp changes it from a flat beam with kick-up to the left to a flat beam with no kick-up either side.

I leave mine on the flat beam all the time and it still gets through the MOT.

Yes sorry my post should have read 80mm not 800mm, I may take it to MOT centre and have them change it over and see if they would still be happy to pass it set this way in the future. It may of course mean that road signs in the UK may be a little difficult to see in the dark, have you experienced this with it set on a flat beam.

This advert shows a 2006 Frankia I630SD

http://www.camping-car-occasion-conseil.fr/Annonces/282-integral-frankia-compact-class.html

If the headlamps are 90mm-diameter Hella units, there is advice from Hella here

http://forums.motorhomefacts.com/20-motorhome-chitchat/108322-headlamp-adjustment-rapido-2013-models-2.html

on how the pattern of the dipped-beam units can be altered.

How straightforward it will be to make the change will depend on the motorhome - sometimes it’s easy and sometimes it’s an absolute swine.

http://forums.motorhomefacts.com/60-hymer-motorhomes/38245-headlights-pig-job.html

Archived