GMex show - anyone going???

Mel B

Went to a few years ago when we lived over there, stopped going when we realised that travelling time was [ at least ] double the time spent at the show. If the weather's nice I can recommend a visit to Castlefields - canals n stuff. Really can't recommend the show, sorry, in fact it's almost as exciting as the Driffield show has been for the last 2 years.  ;-P

It was always more caravan than motorhome oriented, at the last show we went to didn't seem to have many fans in the caravan section - going by conversations in the loo!

Prefer Birmingham or York - but - it has been a while so Gmex may have improved - have only been to driffield & York in recent years.

I would think that the best cc site would be Bury, [not a member any more so I can't give you any details] and you can catch the train to Deansgate.

Good luck, if you go I hope you prove me wrong.

We went last year, after a break of a few years and whilst there was a few more motorhomes on show it wasnt that brilliant. We had freeby tickets so and only live 20 mins from GMex had we travelled further or had to pay even a discounted price for admission we would have been upset. If you are travelling over an hour I wouldnt waste your time.

If you do go, and stay at the CC Site at Bury, get the tram - they stop outside gmex

Yes we are going on Thursday and maybe Friday ( if thursday is not too boring!!). Booked into Bury CC site - Burrs Country Park. Will get the bus and then Metro train to GMex. Do they take dogs on the bus and Metro though????

Pat

Pat P - 2007-01-15 11:49 AM

Yes we are going on Thursday and maybe Friday ( if thursday is not too boring!!). Booked into Bury CC site - Burrs Country Park. Will get the bus and then Metro train to GMex. Do they take dogs on the bus and Metro though????

Pat

Don't think that you'll be able to take the dogs into the show if that's what you're intending Pat. :-(

• 2 weeks later...

What did we all think then?

I, personally, would not bother again. Too small and cramped.

did pick up a cheap inverter though.

Mel we stayed on a campsite and travelled to Manchester by metro. cost us a fiver each. Dogs had a good walk before and after and were fine. The site was Burrs Country Park - a new CC club site. Very nice with lots of lovely dog walks. Weather was awful though.

Pat

Archived