Refillable cyclinders - Shepton Mallet

Paul Morgan

At this weekend's Shepton Mallet show, there was a company selling lightweight gas bottles and refillable (not Gaslow). They had a stand upstairs near the Camping and Caravan stand.

Has anybody got their address or phone numbers as I cannot trace them.

Regards Paul member of "worms"

Paul Morgan - 2007-01-13 1:04 PM

At this weekend's Shepton Mallet show, there was a company selling lightweight gas bottles and refillable (not Gaslow). They had a stand upstairs near the Camping and Caravan stand.

Has anybody got their address or phone numbers as I cannot trace them.

Regards Paul member of "worms"

i'm going tomoro and will have a look, and get back to you

If it is MTH (and they usually go to the Shepton Shows), then they have proper refillable cyliders with both 80% fill protection and a float guage giving a genuine readout of current fill level - invaluable with a refillable cylinder.

They were also much cheaper than Gaslow last time I checked.

=====================

As for 'takeaflight', you may well do excatly that. It's just too easy to get it wrong doing it by eye - and then you will eject liquid gas into your hob burners with all the concommitant results! Please don't park near me just after you've filled up!

In my view, the fibreglass cylinders without 80% fill protection don't save enough weight to be worth the extra risk. And I believe they cannot be legally filled at garage forecourts because of the dangers of overfill and spillage.

If it is MTH (and they usually go to the Shepton Shows), then they have proper refillable cyliders with both 80% fill protection and a float guage giving a genuine readout of current fill level - invaluable with a refillable cylinder.

They were also much cheaper than Gaslow last time I checked

Hi Mel;

I think Paul was referring to the lightweight bottles which don't have the 80% stop fill. The ones you mention do indeed have the stop fill device but are the larger and heavier 11.5 kg ones.

Pricewise;-

1 x 11.5 kg mth autogas complete with fill kit - £220

1 x 11kg gaslow - £85

1 x remote fill kit - £50

pete

Peejay,

Yes, I realised that and both Gaslow and MTH sell the lightweight ones. What I was saying was that I did not think the weight saving over a proper cylinder was worth making for a non-automatic fill system with all its inherent dangers.

As for the price comparison, you surprise me. MTH was a lot less than you quote when I got mine. And I again emphasise the huge benefit of the float guage which I believe competitors do not have.

Regards,

Mel

----

Archived