Camping car infos- Is it now pay for?

Stuwsmith

A couple of days ago I because to go on to the Camping Cars Info site from my Android device and had a pop up notice appears saying I had 15 days left of my free trial. Just gone back on and it is now 12 days of free trial. It looks like I will not be able to browse the online map in 12 days time without presumably paying. Is this correct?

It’s possible to obtain from the website a translation of the scope of this app. It reads as follows:

"Official application site http://www.campingcar-infos.com

Thank you for reading this description to the end, especially with regard to the memory space required for its use.

This site is voluntary and lists all the areas in France and in 42 other countries.

The most complete database of the web in terms of service areas camper, updated daily by a strong team of volunteers, with the data, comments and photos sent by motorhome themselves.

Search easily all service areas and parking for motorhomes Motorhome-referenced information, the reference site on the subject.

The application allows the location of areas by map, by name, number, or around a city or a specific point.

Choose your options (types of areas, search radius) and start looking around the center of the map to show areas within the selected radius.

Then click on the area you want to bring up the corresponding card, with photos and comments motorhome driver.

This version can be used free of charge with an Internet connection (WiFi, 4G, 3G ...) but also offline.

Offline mode allows use without any data connection, data and preloaded maps on the device.

This data is downloaded each country (region by region in France) from the application.

A premium subscription is available on our website allows the total use of the application (record content areas, photos and comments).

A free trial period of 15 days to test the functionality.”

So if you want full functionality, evidently you’ll need to pay extra.

My 15 days ran out yesterday on my Android tablet. I installed it on one of my phones and got another 15 days.

I suppose in these days of Internet on the move being the norm at no additional cost, it's a sound business decision that the charge for offline access should now be extended to online, too.

Campercontact at £5.49 a year is a lot cheaper, but not quite as good.

Archived