LCD Brackets

Randonneur

We have bought a 15" LCD TV and are trying to source a wall bracket that we can fit in the motorhome which will enable us to unhook the TV whilst travelling. We are thinking of replacing the corner cupboard door where the old TV sits with a piece of wood and putting the bracket on that so that if we do sell the van in future we can put the original door back. We do have another cupboard that I think was originally for the TV that would adapt for a slideout bracket but unfortunately there is no 12v/240/ariel connections nearby.

Does anyone know of a suitable bracket?

Guest Frank Wilkinson

This firm does a nice bracket but I'm not sure how easy it is to remove the TV. Perhaps if you email them they'll answer the question? It would seem logical to make it so the TV can be snapped off quickly. However they also do other types so you may find one that satisfies.

I hope that this response isn't too long for you!

http://tinyurl.com/yzfml7

As ever when it comes to elctrical bits and bobs, your best bet is your nearest Maplins.

First go to www.maplin.co.uk (NOT maplins with an 's') and search their tremendous catalogue, then find the one nearest you. Their prices are also generally very good.

I got one from Comet. It is for fixing in a kitchen under wall cabinets. The T.V folds under and slides back out of the way. I drilled a small hole right through the folded bracket that I push in a split pin to hold the Tele' in place when under way. I have a Rapido with corner T.V locker and I fitted it underneath with the DVD and Satellite bits in the locker above. Makes quite a neat installation. I think the bracket was about £14.

Thanks for that. Does the folded away TV not interfere!!!! with the passenger's head. I occasionally bang my head on the corner cupboard, mind you, it might be the wine that has that effect. But if it works this could be the solution. Is it possible to email me a photo?

Randonneur - 2007-01-15 9:24 AM

Thanks for that. Does the folded away TV not interfere!!!! with the passenger's head. I occasionally bang my head on the corner cupboard, mind you, it might be the wine that has that effect. But if it works this could be the solution. Is it possible to email me a photo?

My cupboard is in the rear as thats where our lounge is (Rapido 710f). Will take a photo tomorrow (Tues) and mail it to you.

Peter

I had the same thought as Randonneur about the head banging bit! Our van has 2 tv lockers, one above the driver and one at the foot end of the bed, so if we fixed it in place we'd only be able to watch it at one place or the other and I certainly don't want to go to the expense of having 2 of them, that would be just too silly.

What I really need is a way to fix our LCD tv at the foot of the bed on the rear of the dinette seat backrest so that I can watch it in bed, but also need it to be able to do a swiveling summersault over the top of the seat backrest so we can watch it in the front as well whilst sitting the swivelled cab seats. I hate to think what types and number of swivel joints it would have to have to be able to do that! When we had a 'normal' 10" tv we sat it on the swivel base that pulled out from the rear tv cupboard so we could watch it either from the cab seats or the bed, the only problem was that it was 2 ft too high and we always got a crick in the neck!

The only way we've managed to overcome this is to use a 'handle' from an unused freezer basket which I've bent so that it hooks over the dinette seat backrest and have put a couple of large hooks on to the TV's lifting handle which go into the loops in the freezer basket 'handle' ends so that it just dangles down whichever side we want it. It means we have to pack it away when we've finished watching but at least it is out of sight of prying eyes and the paws of our great lolloping hefalump of a dog! I'd really love a proper bracket though .... *-)

Mel B - 2007-01-15 9:50 PM

Peter

I had the same thought as Randonneur about the head banging bit! Our van has 2 tv lockers, one above the driver and one at the foot end of the bed, so if we fixed it in place we'd only be able to watch it at one place or the other and I certainly don't want to go to the expense of having 2 of them, that would be just too silly.

Mel B

The one I have can be swivelled 360 degrees if you have room and it has adjustable angle as well. If you want I will mail you a photo'. Mine is located under the TV locker at the rear and I watch it from the front on the swivel passenger seat.

I have a 987M with fixed bed. I bought a 15inch LCD TV with a fixed carrying handle

I made a bracket to hang the TV on the cupboard wall (facing the bed)

It is impossible for it to jump off when travelling

It can also be removed and placed on the dashboard (suitably balanced) or elsewhere with extension wiring etc

If all fails I can make you a bracket. (no charge)

Someone asked recently does the leisure battery charge filter to the engine battery.

I run the TV off the cigar lighter/engine socket or the leisure battery socket when parked in a field. The battery levels all seem to balance out and there's never a problem.

bil h

I've had a vogels bracket fitted for some time and find it excellent. You can attach and detach the LCD very quickly. My bracket is just a single arm but gives all the articulation we need. It's not cheap - think I paid about £80. Check it out at www.vogels.com manufactured by a company in the Netherlands.

Just thought I would update everyone on this thread. Yesterday we bought a Proline LCD1 bracket from a company here called Darty, part of the Comet UK group I think. Anyway, this is just a straight forward Vesa bracket that fits 75mm or 100mm fixings, the cost was 12.99 Euros. Saw this on the web and didn't think it would be suitable but when we actually saw it in the flesh (so to speak) it was just what we wanted. The tv bracket has two lugs on that just slot onto the other part of the bracket which screws to the wall or cupboard. My husband has replaced the corner cupboard door with a piece of beech contiboard and bolted the bracket to that. If you want to you can tighten a screw at the bottom of the wall bracket that connects to the tv bracket with the allan key provided. It is now in situ and is perfect.

I thought I had found another ideal contraption at Maplins which fits on the from cab seats but when I emailed Maplins to find out exactly how it fitted the reply was it connects to the headrests. If anyone looks at the picture on the website it is patently obvious that it fits on the headrests, but by what means I don't know, the item is very cheap though and if you could actually see one at the shop it might be just what other people are looking for, item no A51CQ.

Archived