Can you recommend a tracking system please

keninpalamos

I’ve just read on another forum that someone has had their campervan thieved/stolen from outside their house. As I leave my small camper for up to six months at a time, in storage on my friends farm in a large modern barn can anyone recommend a simple tracking device that could be fitted and tracked using a smart phone. ie iPhone etc should the same happen to my ‘van. I have had several Hymer and Autosleeper’s but would hate to lose this one in particular.

Most Trackers will drop a Starter battery to a very low level of charge in less than 4 weeks. 2 weeks is not unusual for some working in tandem with an Alarm.

If you do for one, get it wired from the habitation battery which is usually larger capacity.

Even if it isn't larger capacity, at least you will be able to start the vehicle whenever the Tracker does take too much.

Thanks for the suggestion on a strip down but these people will not be put off it would seem. One of the first jobs I did was to fit a clip on steering wheel. So there it sits locked in a barn with no starter battery or steering wheel. All doors locked and a purpose made cover from Germany on it and I was thinking of fitting a pedal claw or something similar. I just thought that if it did get stolen I would stand a chance of getting it back with a tracker fitted. That was the idea anyway.

Archived