Major electrical failure

Rodney Pattisson

I have a 2003 NUEVO ES. First the indicators failed, and then the headlights and all rear lights other than brakes, and then finally the dashboard failed completely. The latter has been checked on another vehicle and seems OK. All the fuses in the cab and in the engine compartment are OK. No sign of a burnt out loom anywhere. Heater, windows, side mirrors, hazard lights, starter all work. Engine running fine. HELP my electrician is competely puzzled.

Welcome to the forum.

Given the progressive nature of the failures, may I suggest that a harness connector may have come apart?

However this is a base vehicle fault, and if it is a Fiat you may gain more advice on the Fiat Forum.

Alan

Hello,

The first place to check is the switch unit below the radio. The module that contains the hazard light switch is a 'node' that controls all lighting functions for the base vehicle. You may have a poorly attached connector or the unit may be defective. There are many different versions of this unit depending on the equipment fitted such as front fog lamps or heated rear windows. The part number on the original unit will be a good place to start. You can try a unit that is not exactly the same as yours to see if most of your normal functions return but the right one is essential to get things completely back to normal.

This was a reasonably common fault affecting perhaps one in 25 vehicles over a 6 year period from new.

Nick

Archived