hymer b564

aion

hymer b564  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

can anyone help ? I am completely new to campervaning and am in the process of buying a hymer 564 ,1991 but have no instruction book etc. I want to know how I check/service the gas heater, how it lights etc. also does anyone know if this enige [citroen 2,5] has a cam belt or chain ? perhaps someone has an old instruction book ? thanks

I have a Burstner A538 1996. I emailed Burstner Germany and they sent a handbook in English. As for the engine, go to any Citroen garage and they will give you all the info you are likely to need. If they can accomodate your hight they might even service it for you.

Aion

The engine has a belt, at this age unless you have a full service history I would reccomend changing it.

At this age of van you cannot be guaranteed that it does not have any bits that may have been changed by previous owners.

The most common from of heater from that era will be a battery ignited unit, press down and hold the switch until the sparker stops and then for a further 10 seconds.

If you can bear with me for a few days, I am just recovering from an awful virus, first time the computer has been on for a fortnight nearly I may be able to dig out some further info for you when i get some strengthback.

Docted

Archived