Roof leaks on Burstner motorhomes

Colin and Jean

Although a GOOGLE-search on “burstner roof leaks” retrieves some comments

https://tinyurl.com/y9shbcrf

I’m not aware that roof leaks have ever been an endemic problem with Burstner motorhomes.

Some Burstner models might have leaked more than others due to the roof construction and design, but that would be just as true of other makes. And even if a motorhome manufacturer uses a design of roof specifically designed to obviate leakage, there’s certainly no guarantee that water won’t enter through roof windows, roof bars, solar-panel fixings, etc.

Any motorhome roof design that has a ‘butt joint’ at its edges or across it has the potential for water ingress if the joint’s sealing has been poorly carried out or deteriorates over time. You could look at the roofs of the latest Burstner motorhomes and check for how they are made. That might give you an idea of the likelihood of them leaking in future, but not much more.

If Burstner has not been buiding swarms of leaky-roof motorhomes in the past, there’s no particular reason to think they will do so in the future or that they will have altered the roof design/construction of the latest models to address a hypothetical problem.

Hello,

I have a Burstner Solano which I am very happy with. A mate that I sometimes go travelling with was so impressed with the build quality of my 'van over the British made van which he had bought new a few years back that he recently traded it in for a new Burstner. Sorry to say that he has had a major problem with a leak in his roof. The water damage was found when he had only owned the vehicle for about 9 months. It was, of course, repaired under warranty but it took months and the experience drove him half mad.

Good luck.

Betsy

Archived