Accessories

timofleeds

Dave Newell - 2007-07-17 12:19 PM

Inverters are ok for a lot of things but to power a laptop

I prefer to use a 12 VDC power supply as there are fewer losses, you only convert the voltage once so only one loss. with an inverter you convert 12 VDC to 240VAC then the laptop's psu converts the 240VAC back to something like 15-20 VDC. you can get one from Maplin for about £20

D.

Not sure what I am looking for, I need power for my Apple mac, assume it is the same as a lap top PC, could you point me in the right direction, Dave.

or anyone else who reads this first :-)

cheers

kevandali

Guest peter
grocer jack - 2007-07-17 1:11 PM

Sorry Peter, but from your picture I would have thought that GIRLS were of little interest! ;-)

That's just a cover Jack, women feel more comfortable and relaxed in the company of a chutney ferret. :D

Hi All,

We bought a Cobb cooker this year in the hope that it would be a BBQ, oven, jack of all trades item for outdoor cooking. Afraid we found it pretty disappointing as a BBQ, doesn't really get up enough temperature to chargrill the steaks for my liking. I notice a lot of you have the cadacs? I've often looked at them in the accessories sections, are they good then, and do the different models offer distinct advantages/disadvantages?

Thanks all.

Lee ,

We just bought the Cadac basic model with BBq and reversable grill plate on it From Camping In General on Canvey ....Brilliant been wanting one for years but have always opted for a smaller one for the space.

Anyhow sick of buying a new one every year so we finally bought this

came straight home and made them giant crepes fantastic you can make them as big as France . Cooks a steak no problems hubby likes a bit of Rib eye his favourite . We would recommend ;-)Nice and hot with an even all round flame easy to clean came inside its own bag £69 for the basic.

We did not buy the Paella dish as not likely to use it or the skottle.

runs on the 907 cylinder widely available everywhere. good luck

We too have a Cadac and Catering Manager uses it at every opportunity. I can't comment on the benefits or otherwise of different models as we only have the basic plus last year we bought a paella pan for it, not the Cadac one but a cheaper version that should fit just fine. The Cadac is not a BBQ as such, more a gas fired griddle really.

KevandAli, you have a PM.

D.

We had a Beauclare (similar to Cadac) but went back to our original gas BBQ which has a main griling rack, with a half-rack above for slow cooking and/or keeping stuff warm and a large lid that makes it into a BBQ oven, this means we get the benefit of BBQ flavour but the food stays nice and moist and cooks quicker, and it isn't affected by wind which we find really made quite a difference to how quick Cadac types cook, even with a wind-shield. We also don't have to mess about cleaning it every time we use it, we just give the grill rack a quick wipe and put the lid down, easy peasy.

If I want to do crepes/pancakes outside I can just put a frying pan on it, if I really wanted to I could easily cook a small joint of meat or chiken on it - a friend of ours always cooks his Christmas turkey on his as it tastes much better than a traditional oven cooked one!

Archived