Daily Mail forced to apologise

John52

... to Nicola Sturgeon https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jan/26/daily-mail-scottish-apologises-nicola-sturgeon-union-flag-claim

As was the Express and Telegraph. I don't read the Mail or Express - which seems to be mainly exaggerated weather forecasts or whatever to make eye catching headlines to drive circulation? But have been reading the Telegraph on and off since they paid for the data exposing the MPs expense fiddles. After all, we can't expect the Parliamentary Standards Commission or whatever to expose corrupt MP's can we. The Telegraph's main selling point is its readability. As George Bernard Shaw once said of a Telegraph leader: "Perfect rubbish expressed in perfect English". But in substance it is nothing more than the Daily Mail with longer words. It distorts news by taking the minor asides of what somebody has said and reporting them as the whole substance of a speech. Painting Corbyn as a Terrorist sympathiser or whatever. In that way, it has been distorting the views of Non-Tory British politicians and of EU politicians for decades.. >:-)

John Mc Donnel (Labour) has hinted PFI investors might not get any compensation - saying it will be up to MP's to decide what, if any, compensation they will get. 8-)

So am looking forward to the Daily Mail will be going into overdrive next week with even more ludicrous stories about Corbyn the Communist (lol)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-02-18 6:24 PM

John Mc Donnel (Labour) has hinted PFI investors might not get any compensation - saying it will be up to MP's to decide what, if any, compensation they will get. 8-)

So am looking forward to the Daily Mail will be going into overdrive next week with even more ludicrous stories about Corbyn the Communist (lol)

Well he could always tell us why he invited a spy for a cup of tea? ;-) ........

pelmetman - 2018-02-18 8:04 PM

John52 - 2018-02-18 6:24 PM

Well he could always tell us why he invited a spy for a cup of tea? ;-) ........

Was he a spy?

Perhaps you could tell us why your hero Thatcher invited Sir Jimmy Savile OBE KCSG to stay for Christmas several times, and recommended him for his knghthoods?

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-02-19 8:23 AM

Was he a spy?

Perhaps he got kicked out the UK for not paying a parking fine *-) ..........

Mind you I doubt you'd be bothered by Corbyn being a spy? ;-) ..........

pelmetman - 2018-02-19 9:07 AM

Was he a spy?

Was he a spy?

If thats what the Daily Mail is saying they will have to publish yet another retraction and apology. When its in print they can't just back down and delete it like the Tory Vice Chairman: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/feb/19/tory-deletes-spy-tweet-about-jeremy-corbyn-after-legal-threat (lol)

Unless of course they have learned their lesson, and set up some mug to make their libellous unfounded accusations instead? ;-) (lol)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-02-21 8:09 AM

Was he a spy?

Was he a spy?

If thats what the Daily Mail is saying they will have to publish yet another retraction and apology. When its in print they can't just back down and delete it like the Tory Vice Chairman: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/feb/19/tory-deletes-spy-tweet-about-jeremy-corbyn-after-legal-threat (lol)

Unless of course they have learned their lesson, and set up some mug to make their libellous unfounded accusations instead? ;-) (lol)

I see Comrade Corbyn has started threatening the media 8-) ............

A sign of what the UK will become under a Labour/Communist government eh? >:-) .........

Welcome to Corbynzuela folks *-) .........

pelmetman - 2018-02-21 8:32 AM

Was he a spy?

Was he a spy?

A sign of what the UK will become under a Labour/Communist government eh? >:-) .........

You mean they might have to start telling the truth 8-)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-02-21 8:54 AM

pelmetman - 2018-02-21 8:32 AM

Was he a spy?

Was he a spy?

You mean they might have to start telling the truth 8-)

Well Corbyn could always set an example of being open & transparent by releasing the Stasi files? ;-) .........

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-02-21 10:33 AM

Would you want a 'free press' where they could say anything they like about you, and then say its your responsiblity to prove them wrong?

Think about it (if possible)

Think about this (If possible)......Corbyn wants to be prime minister of our country.....he has admitted meeting with a soviet spy on several occasions.......and you don't want to know what went on??? 8-) .......

Blimey that is a perfect example of loony lefty gullibility (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Archived