Enviromental Stickers

Priston

We am intending to drive to the Italian Lakes in late spring. We intend to drive via France,Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland and Italy. We already have a French Critair sticker. What additional stickers do we need and where is the best place to apply, avoiding all the private rip-off companies?

I was looking at that website couple of days ago, it says

Please enclose a copy of the registration papers (e.g. COC-Paper) with the technical details of the vehicle as pdf- or jpg-file. Maximum file size is 2MB.

So what do they want? a v5c copy as per crit-air, or copy of CoC which states Euro number?

See following link

http://www.berlin.de/senuvk/umwelt/luftqualitaet/umweltzone/en/ausland.shtml

Unless you have documentation that confirms your motorhome’s ‘Euro emissions standard’ the sticker will be based on the date of first registration that will appear on the motorhome’s V5C (ie. the same procedure as the French Crit’air scheme).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the stickers are only needed for travel in many large towns and cities. This does not include 'motorway routes' through areas that need a sticker. So, simply travelling through a country and not travelling within an environmental zone does not require a sticker.

You only need a sticker in Germany if you intend to travel through one of their LEZ areas. These are mostly town centres into which I would not normally want to drive. The LEZ areas are well documented and mapped on the Internet. I used an old German road atlas to mark which towns to avoid. My van is 2001 vintage and would not get a useful entry badge.

In the last two years I have successfully driven through Germany to Denmark and back and to Bavaria. This year I am expecting to visit the Moselle and the Rhine. Their are major no-go areas around the industrial parts of the Rhine but as has been said passing them on a motorway is not a problem.

New this year are LEZs in France. Again the significant parts of the no-go areas are well mapped. What is not very helpful is that the French have decided that large Departments are also controlled. The way in which this is managed is peculiar in that the entry can be decided on a daily basis.

I can't see how this will affect motorways, though. Hopefully someone will have sorted this out before i go to France in September.

Grumblewagon - 2018-02-18 10:59 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the stickers are only needed for travel in many large towns and cities. This does not include 'motorway routes' through areas that need a sticker. So, simply travelling through a country and not travelling within an environmental zone does not require a sticker.

I believe this is no longer correct, see previous discussion on this and the website that, I believe Derek, posted ie

https://www.green-zones.eu/en.html

in particular if you look at the French Zones, ZCR and ZPA, they now have nearly created a complete zone across the middle of France with three small passages between them.

also if you look at the German zones they are now becoming restrictive north /south around the Rhine areas.

Bas

Derek Uzzell - 2018-02-18 9:58 AM

See following link

http://www.berlin.de/senuvk/umwelt/luftqualitaet/umweltzone/en/ausland.shtml

Unless you have documentation that confirms your motorhome’s ‘Euro emissions standard’ the sticker will be based on the date of first registration that will appear on the motorhome’s V5C (ie. the same procedure as the French Crit’air scheme).

Cheers Derek, now I just need to find where I stored the file that I used for Crit-air.

Archived