Travelodge Beware

Bulletguy

Terrible experience.

A 46 year old father from South Wales went to visit his mother seriously ill with cancer and booked a room at a nearby Travelodge who had told him they only had one double room left. He took his 14 year old daughter along to see her grandmother. Just 10 minutes after arriving and settling in their room the Police rocked up at the door telling him "we’ve had a call from Travelodge, they believe you are a paedophile grooming underage girls". 8-)

Had a 46 year old mother booked into a Travelodge with her 14 year old son.......we would not be reading anything about that. It seems this mans 'crime' was having a d1ck.

How the hell are single fathers supposed to cope with this sort of lunacy prevailing? This is the second occurrence in less than a year, both involving Travelodge zealots.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/travelodge-cheshire-paedophile-father-karl-pollard-grooming-underage-a8216656.html

Bulletguy - 2018-02-19 3:00 AM

Had a 46 year old mother booked into a Travelodge with her 14 year old son.......we would not be reading anything about that. It seems this mans 'crime' was having a d1ck.

How the hell are single fathers supposed to cope with this sort of lunacy prevailing? This is the second occurrence in less than a year, both involving Travelodge zealots.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/travelodge-cheshire-paedophile-father-karl-pollard-grooming-underage-a8216656.html

Difficult situation for the staff, I can't see any easy answers.

Sadly, statistically the adult most likely to be sexually abusing a child is her own father.

Of course its horrible when an innocent person gets accused, and I think there are greater risks to children than pedophilia which we are paying less attention to. Childen seem to be being abused by other children in every school and online facebook etc every day and we don't hear about it until they are driven to suicide. On the rare occassion its an adult its front page news .

If I had a 14 year old daughter or son I would never have booked a double room in the first place.

There are plenty of hotels about so it shouldn't have been that hard to find a twin bedded room, especially with so much hotel checking and booking taking place on line.

Travelodge will be damned if they do and it is all innocent, and damned if they don't if it is not all innocent so I don't blame them for being cautious particularly as recent media coverage suggests that abusers can be very plausible.

Tracker - 2018-02-19 12:01 PM

If I had a 14 year old daughter or son I would never have booked a double room in the first place.

There are plenty of hotels about so it shouldn't have been that hard to find a twin bedded room, especially with so much hotel checking and booking taking place on line.

Travelodge will be damned if they do and it is all innocent, and damned if they don't if it is not all innocent so I don't blame them for being cautious particularly as recent media coverage suggests that abusers can be very plausible.

i got the impression that he did not book, hence to fact only a double room available

We have used both Travel lodge and Premier Inns on occasions, and they appear to favour double rooms rather than twin rooms., and some with a third bed in. My Daughter has often had to use a room for her and 2 grown girls , when booking , which means either she shares with one girl , or both girls share. They don't seem to worry about 3 women sharing!

i am not sure if they take ALL the names when booking.

Sad fact of life these days

PJay

Unless Travelodge have changed their room layout they've always had two beds, 3/4 double plus single in every room. He explained the reason he chose the Travelodge was 'because it was only a 20 min walk away' from his mothers.

But the question has to be asked.......exactly what can you do in double bed room that you cannot do in a twin bedded room? I'm curious. :-S

PJay - 2018-02-19 3:11 PM

i got the impression that he did not book, hence to fact only a double room available......

In the first paragraph of the linked article;

Hotel staff suspected a father of being a paedophile after he booked a room with his teenage daughter.

In the next para it then says; Karl Pollard, from South Wales, bought a stay in a double room in a Travelodge in Macclesfield, Cheshire, after being told it was the only one available.

In my opinion Travelodge handled this very badly.

Bulletguy - 2018-02-19 4:24 PM

Possibly?

But I wonder what you would now be saying had Travelodge not erred on the side of caution and the guy had abused his daughter on their premises and they had done nothing to prevent it?

I am in no way suggesting Mr Pollard is anything other than a genuine father but it is oh so easy to be wiser after an event than it is before.

Tracker - 2018-02-19 4:37 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-02-19 4:24 PM

Possibly?

But I wonder what you would now be saying had Travelodge not erred on the side of caution and the guy had abused his daughter on their premises and they had done nothing to prevent it?

I am in no way suggesting Mr Pollard is anything other than a genuine father but it is oh so easy to be wiser after an event than it is before.

But this is where 'paedo paranoia' and 'stranger danger' begins to get ridiculous with all common sense let fly out the window. We've now reached a point where any man not accompanied by a female is being seen as a possible 'paedo' and this is not right.

Where do single fathers stand on this? A friend of mine was a widower at just 32 with two young girls to bring up. That was some time ago now though and this paranoia wasn't as prevalent as it is now. Though he worked full time he didn't earn a lot of money so for holidays he used to take his daughters camping.

The vile few that transgress standards of morality and decency are causing untold damage to the reputation of all men however irrational that may be. I wouldn’t like to be a man responsible for children, their own or others right now. That’s why the people who abuse children deserve heavy sentences. The consequences for the children they abuse are the most serious of course but the consequences for the majority of men who would not dream of harming children are far reaching.

Veronica

Bulletguy - 2018-02-19 6:12 PM

any man not accompanied by a female is being seen as a possible 'paedo' and this is not right.

I think its dangerous because it infers a man with a female must be safe.

Worst one I can think of - Fred West - was apparently only able to pick up so many victims because he had his wife or one of his many girlfriends with him :-(

Violet1956 - 2018-02-19 6:28 PM

The vile few that transgress standards of morality and decency are causing untold damage to the reputation of all men however irrational that may be. I wouldn’t like to be a man responsible for children, their own or others right now. That’s why the people who abuse children deserve heavy sentences. The consequences for the children they abuse are the most serious of course but the consequences for the majority of men who would not dream of harming children are far reaching.

Veronica

Yes it's not something i'd want to find myself in today. I can't even take photos of my grandson at his swimming lessons....strictly forbidden. When he was at nursery i couldn't even take any photos of him there either. That said neither can his parents simply because other children are around.

It's the same when we take them to a park playground area.....signs saying no adults allowed without a child but at least i can take photos of them both there.

John52 - 2018-02-19 10:10 PM

any man not accompanied by a female is being seen as a possible 'paedo' and this is not right.

Worst one I can think of - Fred West - was apparently only able to pick up so many victims because he had his wife or one of his many girlfriends with him :-(

"Enablers" in police jargon. Because they 'enable' the male partner to commit the offence which to me makes them just as evil as the man.....yet invariably aren't sentenced as heavily.

Yes Rose West is one seriously sick minded individual and having watched a few documentaries about the pair of them, believe she was more the leader than Fred who was not the brightest bulb in the box.

But yes, man with woman and children = ok and ignored.......man with children = looks dodgy possible paedo perve *-)

Bulletguy - 2018-02-19 10:52 PM

Veronica

Yes it's not something i'd want to find myself in today. I can't even take photos of my grandson at his swimming lessons....strictly forbidden. When he was at nursery i couldn't even take any photos of him there either. That said neither can his parents simply because other children are around.

It's the same when we take them to a park playground area.....signs saying no adults allowed without a child but at least i can take photos of them both there.

"Enablers" in police jargon. Because they 'enable' the male partner to commit the offence which to me makes them just as evil as the man.....yet invariably aren't sentenced as heavily.

Yes Rose West is one seriously sick minded individual and having watched a few documentaries about the pair of them, believe she was more the leader than Fred who was not the brightest bulb in the box.

But yes, man with woman and children = ok and ignored.......man with children = looks dodgy possible paedo perve *-)

well put

derek

derek pringle - 2018-02-20 8:53 AM

Bulletguy - 2018-02-19 10:52 PM

Veronica

well put

derek

More seriously concentrating the investigation on the search for a single man delayed catching the Yorkshire Ripper, Steve Wright, Sharon Matthews, Ian Huntley,. etc :-(

Archived