Aerial fitting

tezza

I want to get a Status 530-10 TV aerial fitted to my Ace Napoli, can anyone recommend someone or somewhere in South Wales?

Also, the van has a dedicated TV point, is this wired up in readiness for connection to an aerial ( I read somewhere that some motorhomes have wires embedded/hidden just in case)or would I have to run a cable from the booster box to the point and wire it myself?

Thanks

It's not that difficult to do it yourself. Take the cover off the T.V point and see if there is a co-ax cable connected. If so have a look in the wardrobe for the other end, maybe tucked inside some cable trunking. Thats where the aerial is usually located. The aerial pole is usually clamped to the wall of the wardrobe. If you do it yourself you will need a hole cutter the size of the pole and measure up carefully before cutting. Cut from both sides to avoid breaking through and giving a jagged edge to the hole. Have some non setting mastic handy to seal round the hole before screwing down the sealing flange.

Thanks Peter, I fitted one to an old Highwayman I had but as this van is brand new I am worried about Swift warranty issues, you know how fickle these people are, any excuse not to help if there is a problem later on.

Tezza

tezza - 2007-01-15 10:41 PM

Thanks Peter, I fitted one to an old Highwayman I had but as this van is brand new I am worried about Swift warranty issues, you know how fickle these people are, any excuse not to help if there is a problem later on.

Tezza

As long as you seal the hole properly there should be no problem. Obviously Swift wouldn't accept liability if it leaked. But the same could be said if someone other than you did the job. Peter

tezza - 2007-01-15 10:17 PM

I want to get a Status 530-10 TV aerial fitted to my Ace Napoli, can anyone recommend someone or somewhere in South Wales?

Also, the van has a dedicated TV point, is this wired up in readiness for connection to an aerial ( I read somewhere that some motorhomes have wires embedded/hidden just in case)or would I have to run a cable from the booster box to the point and wire it myself?

Thanks

Hi Tezza

We had our Status ariel fitted before we took delivery (Bessacarr E410)

The Ariel is located above the wardrobe and the control box is inside the wardrobe at high level directly the other side of the wall to the TV socket, so wiring is minimal.

Not sure of your layout, though !

Flicka

Archived