Dometic RMD 8555

Birchall

Hello

I have the above 3 way 2 door fridge freezer fitted in my Bessacarr E572 on a 2013 plate. The unit has worked perfect since new, that is until 2 weeks ago.

I went to the fridge one morning and noticed it was warm. I then looked at the control panel between fridge and freezer doors, there were no lights at all, illuminated.

OK, no problem, I checked all fuses, all OK.

Checked Gas supply. OK.

I obtained access to the rear of unit by taking off external vent and using my Dometic manual identified the incoming 12 volt and 240 volt supplies. These supplies terminate into an electronic box which also controls the spark igniter and gas valve. It has the following markings, Heat Tec, type P-860 289 0241 00.

The 12 volt supplies to this unit are in one connection block. 3 terminals for 12 volt (tested OK giving a reading of 12 volt. a further 2 connections, have quite large cables and I assume were for the 12 volt to the heater (tested no voltage reading)

I now supplied 240 volts to the 240 volt snap connector.

Problem

The unit does not show any life on the unit front control panel. Does anyone have any suggestions

Dave

Birchall - 2018-02-22 8:36 PM

These supplies terminate into an electronic box which also controls the spark igniter and gas valve. It has the following markings, Heat Tec, type P-860 289 0241 00.

That unit failing is a very common problem, on the later ones they fit polyswitch fuses so a little bit more reliable but the still fail.

The box is sealed and non-repairable, a new box is about £200.

Thank you Lenny for the prompt reply. Is there any solution other than just buying a new unit knowing they have a regular failure rate. Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem is. If it;s fuse failure, can quality external fuses be fitted.

Dave

Archived