SOMPORT TUNNEL open or closed

Trickydicky1

....also with diesel so expensive in France now (1.30€ the cheapest we found last week) it's worth putting in just enough to get you into Spain!!

Carrefour at Jaca 1.10€ and Simply at Huesca (leave A23 at Huesca Sud and it's a few hundred metres) it's only 1.049€.

Difficult to find any site with a straight forward open or closed answer The trouble is coming from either direction you need to correct your route a long way from the tunnel if it's closed. Not wanting to be stopped waiting for it to reopen sat in freezing temps I always avoid it when travelling in winter

• 2 weeks later...

It is usually signed at both sides, on the French side just after leaving the Pau ring road on the N134 and just after leaving Jaca on the Spanish side on the N330. In the latter case if it is closed there is the opportunity to head for Pamplona and San Sebastian. I came through the tunnel on the 2nd March no problem, it was raining and there was very little snow. For advanced warning whether it is open or closed I use viamichelin.co.uk traffic pages. Just search on Tunel de Sompart. Currently it is open but the adjacent Pass de Pourtalet is closed.

peedee

• 4 years later...
On 2/25/2018 at 12:04 PM, derek500 said:

....also with diesel so expensive in France now (1.30€ the cheapest we found last week) it's worth putting in just enough to get you into Spain!!

Carrefour at Jaca 1.10€ and Simply at Huesca (leave A23 at Huesca Sud and it's a few hundred metres) it's only 1.049€.

GPS for nearest parking to Carrefour entrance: N42.57632 W0.52824.  Fuel on far right as you enter the parking area.

In recent years Carrefour has taken over some of the Eroski supermarket outlets together with associated fuel outlet. At Jaca it appears that Eroski have held on to the fuel station. Whatever, as long as it sells the cheapest fuel long may it remain so!

Archived