Traded word's Debate section

michele

When word's are exchanged between people perhaps we all could remember this thread as a place to put them exchanges debates /arguments point's over............That way no ones thread get's spoilt and people who are not involved can carry on .............

I think I know what michele means;

If, while responding to a thread you find that you end up in a bitter argument then instead of carrying it on in that thread you should bring the argument in here leaving the original thread to carry on unhindered.

Its a nice idea michele but I doubt if it will work. To start with it would need the antagonists to agree to move, which, bearing in mind they're arguing because they can't agree, isn't very likely to happen.

Ideally when these little spats break out the antagonists ought to take it to PMs between them and if necessary involve the moderator to mediate. Sadly that rarely happens either.

Oh well, it was worth a try.

D.

Hi, Melb Dr Ross in an American accent,

Thanks for that, well one can only try it might work if people say debate section NOW please.............

One can hope ...After all we are all supposed to be like minded people so I would hope it is not done deliberately. I think the Moderators are very good at letting us sort it for ourselfs and I think that most people like it that way . Let's just hope it carrys on that way . New word Debate NOW please.............. 8-)

I think this is a great idea. Trouble with all these kinds of communication (e-m, text, forum etc) is, they can lead to misunderstandings & conflicts. First, because we shorten our words and sentences, things can be misinterpreted.

Second, because it's only words on screen, we can't see each other, and in a real conversation a lot of the communicating happens through "body-language" etc.

So yes, let's keep the arguments in a place of their own, away from the other threads, but let's also read each others postings very carefully, and start by assuming the best - that however it comes across they meant it nicely!!!

And Michele, can you bring back Hayley instead of Sigourney? Or maybe (revolutionary idea) even a pic of YOU?

Tony

Somehow I think the poor Mod has more to do in life than sort out some of the plainly stupid spats that go on in the forum. *-)

If it gets really bad though at some point I'm sure he'll step in and pull the plug ... I hope so! 8-)

All we can do is not rise to the bait which keep the spats going if we can help it - a trouble causer can only do so if you let him/her by rising to it, try not to get drawn in and they'll soon get fed up when they realise they are just being ignored, either that or they'll get worse and then they'll cut their own throat by getting "Moderated" hopefully.

Dave, did you ever watch the Tv programme "Drop the Dead Donkey"?, there used be lots of these little sayings such as "Lets drop it in the fish tank and see if it swims". Can't remember any more at the moment but I know some of them were really hilarious. (lol)

Keep smiling! (lol) (lol)

OK. So I dont participate in these forums much but I and I am sure a lot of others do to. It is a pity that as fellow motor homers everyone needs to argue over petty things enough to almost come to blows. Geoge Telford springs to mind, such knowledge, but abrasive attitude, shame. Now Diamond Dave is entering the field with vast knowledge and much appreciated but getting agitated now and then. CALM DOWN. It's only a forum.

How do you summarise GT? He was a pedants pedant, he was argumentative, abrasive, and either a very fast googler, or very clever. He would also help anybody out if he could, no matter how silly the question.

His specialty was electrics, inverters, batteries, alternators and charging systems. But he also dug very deep into the legalities of licences and trailers.

Some people myself included liked him others almost hated him. He's been banned from more forums than anybody else I know.

Olley

Oh yes, George T put loads of effort into being difficult to get along with and usually succeeded! However, as Olley says, he was always keen to offer help and although I don't entirely agree with all his ideas re batteries, charging, inverters etc you always knew where you stood with him.

D.

Archived