Problem with Nordelettronica NE222 Control Panel

tonyg3nwl

Panel isNE222, AND pressing any button or rotating knob results in zilch.

no habitation electrics of any sortl

battery checked and is at 14 volts, fuse checked and is ok, so seems like panel failure.

removed panel and found that there is a small cr2032 memory battery inside. Tried a replacement, still no function.

l

reading manual I found a reference to panel complete shutdown under some circumstances, but no explanation how to re seset to function.

it simply says to rotate the panel control nob to select either normal or total shutdown, but not how to restore function once it is in shutdown condition.

A few weeks ago, we had to replaces the battery, as it was not holding charge, and in doing so had to reset the sun panel controller as well. All seemed well after that, so we put the van to hibernation , with hookup

to keep battery happy

the step switch still functions, but the panel indications are zero. Is this because the panel has gone into total shutdown,..if so how do we reset to workin.

electrical experts, or mobile fixit man please help.

tonyg3nwl

Sorry can't help with the techy stuff but sometimes with some panels just unplugging them them and leaving them for a few minutes before replugging might reset them.

I don't know why unplugging would work when disconnecting the battery does not but it costs nowt to find out!

But I expect Allan will know!!

As a non electrical person I would start from zero again by replacing the battery after cleaning all the connections.

As sometimes happens with my PC when the cure is to disconnect all lines and start from the beginning again.

PS similar answer to Tracker.

Thank you for the vote of confidence Tracker, but sorry to say Stellings are the Swift group authorised repairer for Swift group Nordelettronica components. Therefore we never handled the likes of the NE222 or it's associated Fuseboard.

We focused on Nordelettronica units for Italian built vehicles, not UK, to avoid stepping on Stellings toes.

All covered on the Nordelettronica webpage, including Stellings contact details : http://www.aandncaravanservices.co.uk/nordelettronica.php

Tracker - 2018-02-27 12:32 PM

...But I expect Allan will know!!

If Allan is unavailable to comment, Tony might try contacting this firm

http://www.apuljackengineering.co.uk/product_repair.html

as the Nord Elettronica NE-222 is mentioned on that webpage.

(I believe Tony’s motorhome is a 2009-registered Autocruise “Stargazer” and I’ve attached a photo of the NE-222 panel.)

NE222.jpg.41e460ea58d4eb67ef0e2239a0e8e97c.jpg

Hoping that Allan from aandn might spot my plea for help

just been out to van again, and checked function of solar panel, it seems to work ok in the between showers, when the sun is brightest.

?

Step functions ok, and tries to select battery when engine is running,

Cant turn on pump, or lights, both controlled by panel inputs, .

tonyg3nwl

Further investigation.. the handbook shows a diagram of a fuseboard for this panel

The only fuseboard I can find is under the bunk, front nearside, but looking at the book diagram there is no immediate resemblance.. is there a second fuseboard tucked away somewhere?

The under bunk board has 20 fuses of different ratings, all of which are ok, and the book diagram is such small print, that I cant really identify things. To help, I have photographed the book diagram and printed it at twice size. I still cant relate the book diagram to the bunk version.

Further investigation needed...

shame that Allan of aandn cant help, but thanks for the relevant contact information.

the saga continues

tonyg3nwl.

Some background

The Nordelectronica units used in 2009 (by Swift, who at that time had purchased Autocruise) were notorious for causing problems or failing. So much so that Nordelectronica went into liquidation & later rose from the ashes as Nord Electonic.

If it's an original unit I think you have been fortunate it has lasted so long, as many failed under warranty or shortly after.

Alan at apuljack was repairing units on a regular basis & was regularly refered to on the "Swift Talk" forum as the "man to go to"

He did frequent the Swift Talk forum on a regular basis, but I can't remember him being a member of this forum.

So, rather than waiting in anticipation for a response, it would be much better to ring or email him (see Derek's link of his contact details)

Hi folks,

it would appear that the panel problem has been fixed

it seemed to have been a poorly joint /solder connection between the switch contact of the òn/off button

Of the panel, and the associated circuit board.

panel removed and taken into my workshop, and joints resoldered properly

once reinstalled back in van we seem to have a viable system

several hours to diagnose, and 2 minutes to fix, and then reinstall into van.

system tested and everything now seems ok

tonyg3nwl.

Archived