Drastic rethink: Algarve out; East Spain in . Comments?

snowie

Guest pelmetman
fesspark - 2018-03-02 1:36 PM

Raining again here in Javea for the 4th consec;day,getting a bit miffed.Fesspark

We've had a little here in Calpe.......and a warm gale last night ;-) ........

But I cheer myself up by watching BBC news with a glass of chilled white Rioja ;-) .......

Spent 15 years in the Algarve before Albufiera was thought of, loved it then not now. managed eastern Spain for the last 18 years. managed to avoid the crime you mention. p.s when I golfed in the Algarve we had 4 golf courses,probably triple that now. Fesspark

Tracker - 2018-03-01 5:10 PM

monique.hubrechts@gm - 2018-03-01 4:44 PM

Tracker the more south the better. Like Madeira. I do a drive whit a westfalia admundsen 540d off road to this island.

WOW I'm impressed as I've never yet managed to drive to the island of Madeira - is your van amphibious Monique?

We were in Morocco some years back on the edge of the Sahara in February and it was a very pleasant warm dry and sunny - until we reached Agadir where it was wet cold and windy - so we went back inland!

Blast! I think you may have sunk Monique Did you fire a shot across the bowls of his Amphicar Tracker ? ( No, that’s not a spelling mistake) :-D

Guest pelmetman
yoko8pups - 2018-03-02 8:03 PM

We live in Algarve and the weather forcast I have relied on for years says 2 more weeks of rain and wind. Bad weather versus robbers in Eastern Spain, it's your choice!

Curiously we feel safer here than in the UK........

In fact our only recent experience of crime out here was when yobs smashed a window 8-) ..............

On our house in the UK *-) .........

Well we’ve taken the plunge, almost literally.

Now at a newish campsite at Humilladero off A92.

I’ll try to add photo from iPad.

We don’t usually camp in carparks, but this is an exception!

Campsite with no reason to be here by the look ok it.

Off towards Murcia tomorrow, and sun maybe.

Regards, Snowie

Tried to attach but looks like over 100kb

Sunday on the A92 and a reasonable drive eastwards.some rain, but ok.

Phoned a couple of sites before setting off and spaces available. Looking in the Murcia area, inland and coastal. Several options in ACSIi.

Checked out inland option first and moved on to coast as reception closed after 2pm on Sunday.

Now on a pretty small pitch on a site in Aguilas.good facilities and a nice “feel” to the site. Had a sit out in the sun and even took my fleece off! Had a walk to nearby beach, and sun and sea really nice.

Looking forward to a few days of improved weather. Forecasts look good.

We’ll phone ahead wherever we decide to go, and probably stay as long as possible on the biggest pitch we are offered. Only had Cadac out once so far, so need a bit of space.

Brought an awning but think it’s not very likely to be used.

Regards, Snowie

fesspark - 2018-03-02 8:21 PM

Spent 15 years in the Algarve before Albufiera was thought of, loved it then not now. managed eastern Spain for the last 18 years. managed to avoid the crime you mention. p.s when I golfed in the Algarve we had 4 golf courses,probably triple that now. Fesspark

(lol) (lol) multiply that by 9 and you will be pretty close *-)

Archived