Only in Yankee land

Bulletguy

Oh brother......that country get's dafter by the day. *-)

The sell out essential accessory? "Bullet Blocker".....bullet proof backpacks for school kids! *-)

Something for trendy moms too....$3000 gets you a bulletproof Gucci nappy bag! :-S

http://www.bulletblocker.com/bulletproof-school-safety-protection.html

http://abc7news.com/bulletproof-backpacks-for-kids-selling-out/3148884/

Amazing!! Thats the answer!! Cor, America is so clever. It wont stop a round from an AR15 of course or a head or chest shot from a hand cannon but if it makes you feel better. They even have bullet proof notepads I see. Amazing!

I thought banning Assault rifles that nobody actually needs might have been a better step in the right direction but clearly this is much better. *-) Mr Trump will no doubt make them put his mug shot on them with America First written on them perhaps.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-03-02 12:48 AM

Oh brother......that country get's dafter by the day. *-)

The sell out essential accessory? "Bullet Blocker".....bullet proof backpacks for school kids! *-)

Something for trendy moms too....$3000 gets you a bulletproof Gucci nappy bag! :-S

http://www.bulletblocker.com/bulletproof-school-safety-protection.html

http://abc7news.com/bulletproof-backpacks-for-kids-selling-out/3148884/

I blame the bullet makers >:-) ..........

Who'd have thought we'd need armed cops to parade Christmas Markets ... Anti-terror bollards put out wrapped in Christmas paper to disguise them ... Teaching children like in my Granddaughters school what to do if a nasty man gets in ... Anti-terror bollards put up outside football grounds ... Military style security at concerts/gigs like the one I went to Saturday night to prevent kids being blown to bits again ... Funny old world

Barryd999 - 2018-03-02 12:59 AM

I thought banning Assault rifles that nobody actually needs might have been a better step in the right direction but clearly this is much better.

To be fair to Donald Trump - his often repeated pledge to " keep America safe " only applies to threats from outside the country.

:-|

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2018-03-02 9:37 AM

I thought banning Assault rifles that nobody actually needs might have been a better step in the right direction but clearly this is much better.

To be fair to Donald Trump - his often repeated pledge to " keep America safe " only applies to threats from outside the country.

That's Corbyn's visa cancelled then (lol) .........

Bonkers isnt it? Your three times as likely to be struck by lightning than killed by a terrorist in the UK or the USA and seven times more likely to die falling in the bath. Yet in the Good ole USA kids can buy semi automatic weapons.

This chart graphically shows just how severe the problem is yet Trumps Priority is to build a wall to keep Mexicans out and to ban all Muslims except the ones that are lucrative from the likes of Saudi (Where the 9/11 attackers were from)

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2017/oct/02/america-mass-shootings-gun-violence

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-03-02 10:32 AM

Bonkers isnt it? Your three times as likely to be struck by lightning than killed by a terrorist in the UK or the USA and seven times more likely to die falling in the bath. Yet in the Good ole USA kids can buy semi automatic weapons.

This chart graphically shows just how severe the problem is yet Trumps Priority is to build a wall to keep Mexicans out and to ban all Muslims except the ones that are lucrative from the likes of Saudi (Where the 9/11 attackers were from)

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2017/oct/02/america-mass-shootings-gun-violence

Nice to see the Guardian is not above sensationalising a headline (lol) .........

"Mass shootings in the US: there have been 1,624 in 1,870 days"........

Sounds shocking when you put it like that ;-) ..........

But when you do der maffs works out at 325 ish a year.........Yet over 37,000 die in the US in car accidents :-| ..........

When can we expect to see the loony lefty brigade demand cars are banned? :D .........

pelmetman - 2018-03-02 11:05 AM

Barryd999 - 2018-03-02 10:32 AM

Nice to see the Guardian is not above sensationalising a headline (lol) .........

"Mass shootings in the US: there have been 1,624 in 1,870 days"........

Sounds shocking when you put it like that ;-) ..........

But when you do der maffs works out at 325 ish a year.........Yet over 37,000 die in the US in car accidents :-| ..........

When can we expect to see the loony lefty brigade demand cars are banned? :D .........

What a lot of people are very slow to understand is that cars are designed for transportation, but sometimes kill by accident - whereas guns are designed to kill - and murders are deliberate.

Maybe they should teach that in schools.

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2018-03-02 11:24 AM

What a lot of people are very slow to understand is that cars are designed for transportation, but sometimes kill by accident - whereas guns are designed to kill - and murders are deliberate.

Teaching them to drive safer would seem to be the bigger priority based on the numbers ;-) .........

Blimey! You would think that the bonkers state of the USA and its crazy obsession with firearms and ridiculous laws would be something that we would all easily agree on.

I posted the link not because of the sensational numbers but because of the pictorial body count graph. Just crazy.

pelmetman - 2018-03-02 11:32 AM

Teaching them to drive safer would seem to be the bigger priority based on the numbers ;-) .........

So you believe that teaching people to drive more safely in the USA is a bigger priority than stopping school shootings.

Sounds like a raving right policy to me.

;-)

…and sufficient intelligent regulation regarding the ownership and use of motor vehicles and guns reduces the prospect of death. I wouldn’t be surprised if Trump would consider making all children/students carry rucksacks reinforced with Kevlar, especially if the manufacturers promise to provide some funds for his next campaign

https://qz.com/1207851/parkland-shooting-the-nra-and-gun-lobby-invested-millions-in-trump-and-other-republicans-in-2016/

antony1969 - 2018-03-02 11:59 AM

I don't remember such a Chatterbox outcry over gun deaths when Obama was in charge ... Wonder why

The notable difference is that Obama tried to get gun control whereas Trump wants to arm the teachers and has no intention of controlling guns of any sort, not even automatic sub machine guns.

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2018-03-02 11:52 AM

pelmetman - 2018-03-02 11:32 AM

So you believe that teaching people to drive more safely in the USA is a bigger priority than stopping school shootings.

Sounds like a raving right policy to me.

;-)

Well the numbers would seem to indicate bad driving practice is more dangerous than mass shootings ;-) ...........

But that wouldn't give the Trump haters an opportunity to vent their spleens would it? :D ........

But Obama had 2 full terms in office POTUS Trump has just done 12 months and all the gun laws were in place way before he came into office yet the usuals seem to be insinuating its partly down to him ... Those "thoughts and prayers" by the way along with the lighting of candles seem to be a perfectly acceptable way of dealing with Islamic terrorism so why not mass shootings

antony1969 - 2018-03-02 12:51 PM

But Obama had 2 full terms in office POTUS Trump has just done 12 months and all the gun laws were in place way before he came into office yet the usuals seem to be insinuating its partly down to him ... Those "thoughts and prayers" by the way along with the lighting of candles seem to be a perfectly acceptable way of dealing with Islamic terrorism so why not mass shootings

Except- if my memory serves Antony, you're someone who has been outspoken about how useless lighting candles is to tackle the problem of terrorism and at least on that issue you're right. Let's see what Trump has to offer above arming teachers, turning schools into fortresses and giving kiddies lessons on how to hide under their rucksacks etc etc-not holding my breath.

Violet1956 - 2018-03-02 1:13 PM

antony1969 - 2018-03-02 12:51 PM

Except- if my memory serves Antony, you're someone who has been outspoken about how useless lighting candles is to tackle the problem of terrorism and at least on that issue you're right. Let's see what Trump has to offer above arming teachers, turning schools into fortresses and giving kiddies lessons on how to hide under their rucksacks etc etc-not holding my breath.

Maybe we should give him a little time Veronica ... If Presidents before him have failed for years to change gun laws then 12 months into his Presidency he's hardly likely to have made much progress is he but of course giving him time doesn't suit the agendas of some on here does it

antony1969 - 2018-03-02 1:24 PM

Maybe we should give him a little time Veronica ... If Presidents before him have failed for years to change gun laws then 12 months into his Presidency he's hardly likely to have made much progress is he but of course giving him time doesn't suit the agendas of some on here does it

It may take a long time and a lot of persuasion to get gun control laws passed but it all starts with the President's attitude and whereas Obama's body language and often stated views were that gun law needed tightening in the US, the body language and utterances of Trump show no such ambitions and I suspect that no matter how much time he has he will only change his attitude if and when the majority of the US get fed up with shootings and start insisiting on change - in other words a vote catcher.

Tracker - 2018-03-02 1:46 PM

antony1969 - 2018-03-02 1:24 PM

It may take a long time and a lot of persuasion to get gun control laws passed but it all starts with the President's attitude and whereas Obama's body language and often stated views were that gun law needed tightening in the US, the body language and utterances of Trump show no such ambitions and I suspect that no matter how much time he has he will only change his attitude if and when the majority of the US get fed up with shootings and start insisiting on change - in other words a vote catcher.

A vote catcher ... Exactly Richard

Violet1956 - 2018-03-02 9:01 AM

The lovely little pink one for a small child with a ballistic panel that weighs only 20oz caught my eye.

Didn't fancy the armour plated Gucci nappy bag at $3k then? Not sure why anyone shoots at bags of nappies but that's the land of 'murica for you. :-S

How about a nice AR-15 assault rifle or Glock pistol in pink? Killer fashion accessory. Very femme. :'(

https://762precision.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/pink-digital-ar-15-springfield-1911-a.jpg

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=pink+glock

Tracker - 2018-03-02 12:17 PM

antony1969 - 2018-03-02 11:59 AM

I don't remember such a Chatterbox outcry over gun deaths when Obama was in charge ... Wonder why

The notable difference is that Obama tried to get gun control whereas Trump wants to arm the teachers and has no intention of controlling guns of any sort, not even automatic sub machine guns.

Not only that......Trump wants to give teachers bonus payments for carrying weapons! :-(

Archived