Autotrail V-line 635SE (2018) - Offside Bunk

arthur49

The nearside bunk has reduced storage space of approximately 33%.

If you look at the attached photos you should be able to see that the interior space has been restricted by putting in a vertical panel the full length of the bunk. I drilled a 25mm hole in this panel and there appears to be nothing behind ie it's dead space.

The panel may be structural in that it supports the slats etc along the length ...... but the offside bunk is identical but has no similar panel.

Perhaps it's to do with insulation category ie reduce the interior space to meet the standard more easily?

Why Autotrail would do this I have no idea. My dealer is less than helpful. Might try phoning Autotrail on Monday to query but anybody any ideas why the space has been restricted?

IMG_9188.JPG.43bb4d0848804bad930aa9145b9619ee.JPG

Don636 - 2018-03-03 5:11 PM

Are there air ducts or other services behind this panel?

Not that I can see without extensive dismantling of furniture. There are certainly no blown air, gas, electric or water services ........... strange .......

Our 610SE has similar back panels, though I haven't checked they are on both sides.....I will have a look next time I go to the van, but they do reduce the storage considerably. I assumed they were mainly for insulation, but woiuld be interested if the IOP has any further information in due course!

Archived