Michelin Camper Tyres Green?

EMS

I have just had fitted a spare tyre to a new wheel to use as a spare as I do not wish to use an aerosol can to repair a motorhome tyre (Dethleffs did not include a spare wheel).

The Tyre was marked as a Camper tyre but not the usual M&S but Green.

The loading was as expected for a Camper tyre, is the change due to the new regulations for the winter tyre markings, does any one know?

I think the correct name for these is Agilis Green X - both my last van had & the current one has these fitted.

Michelin don't have this particular version listed on their website yet, but other (tyre sales) sites that do have details mention M + S rated - I couldn't find such markings on the tyres on my last van & the wearther isn't conducive to making in depth investigatiions of the markings on the current vehicle, but from a quick look when the van was delivered it doesn't have the markings either. I suspect that the on-line references I found have just cut and pasted the description of the previous version of the Agilis Camping tyre.

IIRC the Agilis Camping with the M+S rating was described by Michelin as a summer tyre, so you may well be correct in your assumption.

Nigel B.

Michelin’s three “Agilis” patterns are shown here

https://www.michelin.co.uk/tyres/van-motorhome-tyres#type=type_1

There has been some rebranding recently with “green” added to the Agilis name (presumably indicating that the tyre has fuel-saving characteristics). This link is to an advert for Michelin's "Agilis Green X Camping” tyre

https://www.easywheels.co.uk/michelin-agilis-green-x-tyres/

and the photo suggests that the tread-pattern may have been modified from the original Agilis Camping's.

Green “Agilis” and “Agilis Camping” are both ’summer’ tyres (with Agilis Camping being M+S marked). Only Agilis “Alpin”” is a ‘winter’ tyre and will carry the appropriate side-wall marking.

I got to have a good look at the Agilis Camping Green X tyres on my van yesterday & did eventually find the "M + S" marking - this is on the inner area of the sidewall nearest the rim & is in very small letters (no more than 10mm high & quite faint). My tyres are the 225-16" version, factory fit to a 1st March 2018 registered Ducato 150 (built sometime in October 2017).

HTH

Nigel B

This Michelin webpage explains the ‘green X’ sidewall marking

https://www.michelin.co.uk/tyres/learn-share/tyre-basics/how-to-read-a-tyre-side-wall

The webpage (apparently) has a 2010 date of origin. If that’s correct Michelin has been using this marking for 8 years or so.

The marking has no universally agreed ‘technical’ relevance - essentially, it’s just an advertising feature.

Archived