anybody renewed crit air

derek pringle

The Crit’Air ‘sticker' is linked to an individual vehicle and the sticker’s period of validity is indefinite - so it’s not easy to see why there should be a need to renew a sticker.

If, say, one needed to have a windscreen replaced and could not transfer the sticker from the old windscreen to the replacement windscreen, it would be necessary to obtain a new sticker. But that would not be a renewal as such and would require a fresh application to be made.

Derek Uzzell - 2018-03-09 9:37 AM

The Crit’Air ‘sticker' is linked to an individual vehicle and the sticker’s period of validity is indefinite - so it’s not easy to see why there should be a need to renew a sticker.

If, say, one needed to have a windscreen replaced and could not transfer the sticker from the old windscreen to the replacement windscreen, it would be necessary to obtain a new sticker. But that would not be a renewal as such and would require a fresh application to be made.

+1 new application required

Just in case there’s still any doubt, the Crit’Air sticker has no time-limit.

Personally, if I sold the vehicle I would remove the stcker beforehand. I’m doubtful that the data held within the Crit'Air system (or on the sticker itself) could be used in a way that could impact negatively on a vehicle’s previous owner, but if there’s no sticker on the windscreen when a vehicle is sold, that’s one less potential risk removed.

The Crit'air sticker does not need renewing for the length of time it is stuck on your windscreen - but, obviously, can't be transferred to another vehicle if you should change your vehicle.

If you need to replace your vehicle, or the windscreen, you will then need to apply for a replacement sticker.

Otherwise relax.

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Derek Uzzell - 2018-03-10 9:30 AM

Just in case there’s still any doubt, the Crit’Air sticker has no time-limit.

Personally, if I sold the vehicle I would remove the stcker beforehand. I’m doubtful that the data held within the Crit'Air system (or on the sticker itself) could be used in a way that could impact negatively on a vehicle’s previous owner, but if there’s no sticker on the windscreen when a vehicle is sold, that’s one less potential risk removed.

Hi Derek, thanks for this, very clear, didn't fancy going through the procedure again.

cheers

derek

derek500 - 2018-03-10 1:10 PM

Just come back from France/Spain and ours was one of very vans few with a Crit sticker.

Just an observation.

Hi Derek,

We never noticed any carts with sticker last year, however this year we will be going to Marseilles to pick family up to join us for a spell and don't want to get caught out.

cheers

derek

Archived