Don't you ever go out in your motor homes?

Way2Go

Don't you ever go out in your motor homes?  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Have just included us as a 'one a week' option....but that's not really the end of the story, as the other statistic could be 'how many nights per year' use.......in fact for the first time in over 10 years use we have just used the motorhome in January, the only month not previously used! That was to Bristol, and incorporated a trip to Shepton Mallett Show.

Our 'annual' number of nights now seems to average 130-160, of which probably 60-70 is ]'early summer' in France, the rest around the Uk any time of the year (yes. another 'retired member', I know! ) However, we've worked for it, and now want to enjoy it as long as we have health and strength (and can afford it!)

When not is use for actual trips away, we try to go out,even if just down to the sea (only 5 miles, admitedly) most weeks.

Hi all

We try to use ours at least once a month winter and summer the weather is not a problem our van is lovely and cosy when its cold and wet outside.

I agree you dont have to go far to make it worth while we have just spent a very pleasant weekend at the Three Magpies pub near Devizes its just 45 minutes from our home. We would go away more but unfortunately we both have to work[sorry about the swearword] for a couple more years.

Hi, we don't use ours full time, more like half time. We usually go away for 2 months at a time, 3 times a year. We tour Germany, Austria and Italy mainly but would like to go to some of the 'new' countries of Eastern Europe this year if possible.

Phil.

:-> We use ours most Sundays as a 'base camp' when walking.

Brilliant! A good day on the fells and a nice warm comfy 'home' waiting for you at the end of the walk. Feet up and a 'brew'.

We also use it as a 'changing room' when out at dances some distance from home. Travel in your comfy stuff and get togged-up when you get there.

Just changed from a 17ft Autosleeper on a Transit to a 24ft A class Elnagh on a FIAT. Watching that overhang swing out when parking is unnerving at times.

Hi we are in our Motorhome all the time,we don,t now have a car so its our only mode of transport ,it,s an 8 metre Hymer ,we,ve got so used to driving it that nothing is a problem,we go to local supermarkets etc and its great to have a toilet and kitchen with us where ever we are. We are currently in Southern Spain , Denia. in it andare having a super time. *-) *-)

we were away all christmas and new year in ours, and have just got back from a weekend in hunstanton.

i would go away every weekend, but there are some jobs that just need doing round the house occasionally and after a full day at work, well all I want to do is collapse in the chair - when I can afford to retire I will! B-)

and then we will be here there and everywhere

Carol :->

• 2 weeks later...

I've dug out this old thread, just to say I AM going away (in case anyone misses me/notices/cares :'( ) but sadly NOT in the motorhome (which is in any case far too grand a name for our old Hannibal). He doesn't do winters, as he's not double-glazed or heated, so we're off to Devon for a week by car & cottage.

Brochure promises lots of mod cons, but no mention of Internet access so I'll catch up when we come back.

Take care of yourselves!

Tony

• 3 weeks later...

I suspect that a lot of us go away in our vans quite a bit, but don't know which answer to put as none appear applicable to their usage. Fr'instance I go away for 2 months at a time, home for a month away for 2 months home for a month throughout the year, which category does this sort of usage come into?

Phil.

no point to it really dave i just thought i would throw it in, it shows most people use there MH once a month probably just 1 weekend. we are similar 1 - 2 weekends a month, people at work ask me why i want to spend so much money on a MH. i tell them its the freedom they give you to go where & whenever you want if you want to, even for a day trip into the lakes having a drink & a snack when you want to (lol)

Archived