Shepton Mallet Jan 07

Guest starspirit

Guest starspirit

This was quite a good show and at £25 for four nights camping on hard standing and two nights entertainment it seems fair vfm to us and we enjoyed it.

There was a good display of vans and accessories although it must be said that both the show and the number of campers was slightly smaller than last year which was in turn not quite as good as 2005.

Perhaps there are getting to be too many shows which is diluting the impact of each - unless of course some are still growing.

It does seem paradoxical that as more and more vans are ever more suitable for winter use less people choose to use them in the winter?

Guest starspirit

Got away with it lightly as we only bought a few odds and ends, but would have bought a £40k Autotrail if it had not been too long to go in my drive.

Whew - that was close!

Hi,

We were going to go for the weekend and nearly arranged for an electric hookup but at the last minute we found a very good weekend deal at the Shearings hotel in Bournemouth. So we went to the show on the Sunday by car and i must say that i was really glad i took the hotel deal as the show was very poor

Brian

enodreven - 2007-01-20 6:35 PM

i must say that i was really glad i took the hotel deal as the show was very poor

Brian

I must agree it was down on last year and seemed to be less accessory type traders. And what about the hall (can't remember which) that stank of animals? There was someone trying to sell food in there and pushing samples. Normally I'm a sucker for a free feed but that pong put me off.

Archived