electrolux 3 way fridge

lindaquinn20

Hi our 3way fridge is not working on gas. It is 19 yrs old so it looks like it needs replacing.

It is an Electrolux Ciegen GMBH. Model no: RM4401LM Serial No: 8280356 capacity 103L

Please if anyone know where we can get one. Thanks a million in anticipation :-D

If the gas is lighting and it works on 240v and 12v, it probably just needs the chimney flue cleaning.  Have you had a habitation service?  If not try using one of the mobile caravan servicing guys.  A lot cheaper than replacing the fridge.

Just clean the burner and jet [ I use a very fine piece of electrical copper wire ] to make sure the jet is clear once I have removed it, some say you should not do this but hey ho I have been doing this for about 30 years on various fridges, [you can of course buy a new jet ] them make sure the chimney is clean and reassemble, check no gas leaks and off you go, the reason it is not cooling on gas when burning is because it is not burning fierce enough to work properly.

Are you parked on level ground? Older fridges were not very tilt tolerant when working on gas, though less of a problem with mains or 12 Volt. I think that anything over 6 deg from level would stop them working properly.

Did you have the gas turned to max. setting?

Very difficult to clear a gas jet with soft copper wire because it bends so easily.

Camping Gaz do a special tool with very strong fine wire to clear gas jets. I used to have to use it regularly when I was using their butane gas. But since I took to refillilng the 907 cyl;inders myself from a flogas propane bottle I have had no more problems with blocked jets.

Archived