going to view motorhome

ian62

Hi all, I have sold my first time mh, had it for 3 years ,we have now made sure that this is what we want to do that's for sure, anyway, later this week I will be looking over an Eldis Autoquest 145, (2013) so, the question is, has anyone had or got one, are they any more trouble than any other mh,what might I need to look out for while viewing it,hope some one give me some pointers,It's a Peugeot turbo diesel 2198 engine.

all the best Ian

We have got a 2013 Elddis Autoquest 115, not the exact model as you are looking at, and we are very satisfied. It has the same engine which is fine but does slow on some hills. Gearbox is good but rather low geared which saves a lot of changing down.

Elddis build quality is fgood bearing in mind it is not an expensive brand. The Whale room heater is not the best because it blows across the van rather than along the van. It results in a cold cab area in cold weather even with a silver screen. It is also quite noisy. We use a small electric blower heater when on hook up placed by the kitchen end of 115 and this works very well.

Hope this helps. We are certainly pleased with our purchase and our dealer.

Not a 145 but a 115,

bought new in 2015 and I have no complaints really the whale heater is a bit noisy the last three vans we bought new (since 1996) were all Auto sleepers but the Elddis is the one we have had the least trouble with.

I think it is a cracking little van

Pete

Archived