Hungary has it right

antony1969

Orban Blamed All of Hungary's Problems on a Jew – and Won, Big Time

Viktor Orbán’s resounding victory in Sunday’s parliamentary elections in Hungary shows that, even in the 21st century, you can win an election by blaming all your country’s problems on a Jew.

The personification of that threat isn’t hard to miss on the streets of Budapest: Hungarian-born financier George Soros.

Orbán was himself once the recipient of a grant from Soros, but he has long waged a nasty campaign against the Jewish philanthropist, accusing him of plotting to take control of the country.

Despite the fact Soros’ Open Society Foundations provides less than $4 million per year to Hungarian organizations – far less than the $50 million of state funds Hungarian investigative journalists say was spent to attack Soros in 2017 – the octogenarian has long been presented as a fundamental threat to Hungary’s existence.

https://www.haaretz.com/world-news/europe/.premium-orban-blames-all-of-hungary-s-problems-on-a-jew-and-wins-big-1.5980517

Hungary election: OSCE monitors deliver damning verdict: Observers found ‘intimidating and xenophobic rhetoric, media bias and opaque financing’

“Rhetoric was quite hostile and xenophobic and that’s a fact which we find regrettable in an electoral context,” said Douglas Wake, head of the monitoring mission for the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE), at a briefing in Budapest on Monday afternoon.

The observers found that the hostile campaign “limited space for substantive debate and diminished voters’ ability to make an informed choice”. They also noted that public television “clearly favoured the ruling coalition”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/09/hungary-election-osce-monitors-deliver-damning-verdict

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-04-09 3:28 PM

The observers found that the hostile campaign “limited space for substantive debate and diminished voters’ ability to make an informed choice”. They also noted that public television “clearly favoured the ruling coalition”.

Sounds like the Remain campaign for the referendum (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) .............

antony1969 - 2018-04-09 3:50 PM

Eh ???? ... He's popular because of his anti-immigration views regarding forced EU Muslim asylum seeker numbers ... Like it or not it would seem many Hungarians agree with him.

If racist xenophobia is your thing then Hungary is the place for you. Over the years i've been touring there it's changed dramatically and political corruption is rife. Ironically it's also the only EU country i was given a form to fill requiring the date and time i'd crossed the border into Hungary, my current location and length of stay. I told the Camp Commandant in no uncertain terms what i thought of that nonsense but they've been brow beaten into servitude by their government.

When you bear in mind this was the first country to open it's borders to East Germany (that was), it's a country now going backwards.

From that linked article you haven't read;

"A number of European politicians lined up to congratulate Orbán, including a number of far-right leaders such as Marine Le Pen and Geert Wilders."

Qeulle surprise!! *-)

Bulletguy - 2018-04-09 5:19 PM

Eh ???? ... He's popular because of his anti-immigration views regarding forced EU Muslim asylum seeker numbers ... Like it or not it would seem many Hungarians agree with him.

If racist xenophobia is your thing then Hungary is the place for you. Over the years i've been touring there it's changed dramatically and political corruption is rife. Ironically it's also the only EU country i was given a form to fill requiring the date and time i'd crossed the border into Hungary, my current location and length of stay. I told the Camp Commandant in no uncertain terms what i thought of that nonsense but they've been brow beaten into servitude by their government.

When you bear in mind this was the first country to open it's borders to East Germany (that was), it's a country now going backwards.

"A number of European politicians lined up to congratulate Orbán, including a number of far-right leaders such as Marine Le Pen and Geert Wilders."

Qeulle surprise!! *-)

Questioning immigration and the many consequences of immigration both good and bad doesn't make you a racist xenophobe does it ??? ... It obviously does in Bullet world so maybe you can explain why it does ??? ... No need to answer straight away as you'll obviously need to change your underwear now you've managed to use your favourite two words "racist xenophobe" ... You go dry yourself off

antony1969 - 2018-04-09 5:26 PM

Qeulle surprise!! *-)

Questioning immigration and the many consequences of immigration both good and bad doesn't make you a racist xenophobe does it ??? ...

If only you bothered to read through those articles you would see it's much more than simply "questioning" as you dismissively put it.

Bulletguy - 2018-04-09 5:50 PM

antony1969 - 2018-04-09 5:26 PM

Qeulle surprise!! *-)

Questioning immigration and the many consequences of immigration both good and bad doesn't make you a racist xenophobe does it ??? ...

If only you bothered to read through those articles you would see it's much more than simply "questioning" as you dismissively put it.

Im not on about any Hungarian links you've provided I have asked in general if questioning immigration and the consequences of immigration makes you a racist xenophobe as you've stated ... Its a simple yes or no isn't it ???

Archived