Free Truck Stop Guide

Guest Frank Wilkinson

Guest Frank Wilkinson

Sorry if this has been aired (no pun intended) but I've picked up on this whilst browsing another site.

Apparently you can get a free truck stop guide with overnight stopping places (cafes and the like).

It's free so we've nothing to lose. You are supposed to be a lorry driver but I'm not sure how they'd know the difference.

http://www.highways.gov.uk/news/newsroom.aspx?newsid=17114601

Guest Frank Wilkinson
olley - 2007-01-18 11:49 PM Hi Frank they don't, mine was delivered on tuesday, its A5 ring bound in good quality thick paper, well worth getting. Olley

That's excellent, I've already applied for mine. Why didn't you tell us all! :-D

Frank Wilkinson - 2007-01-18 11:52 PM
olley - 2007-01-18 11:49 PM Hi Frank they don't, mine was delivered on tuesday, its A5 ring bound in good quality thick paper, well worth getting. Olley

That's excellent, I've already applied for mine. Why didn't you tell us all! :-D

Sorry frank, I was give the details on another site, never thought to post it on here. Olley

I've applied too - well spotted Frank!

And if experience at French Relais Routiers is anything to go by, the truckers won't mind as long as we look for spots in the car park where they wouldn't fit anyway, or at least don't spread out to take up more space than we need - but we wouldn't do that, would we?

Tony

Guest Frank Wilkinson
Mike Hol - 2007-01-19 8:50 PM Hi, Not sure how the Caravan Club will take this if it, finds out that it,s motorhome members are promoting "Truck Stops" for overnighting or parking? Happy Camping, Mike Hol.

What has any of this to do with the CC and what makes you think that they care less where anyone stays for the odd night?

We've used truck stops on a few occasions. If there's a restaurant on site the food will be excellent and cheap in France.

The biggest problem is if you're parked near a refrigerated truck with its compressor fridge and generator or engine goinf all night - very noisy - and there are a lot of them about now.

Guest starspirit

The CC won't even notice.

If they don't notice us when we leave their club and never bother to enquire why or carry out any member surveys whatsoever why should they care?

Maybe they will be glad to see the back of us unbooked 'one nighters' as we sure do (did in my case!) inconvenience their accounting system.

Hi Richard. The CC do appear to care. I recieved a 15minute phone survey about a month ago asking why I had not renewed membership last year. The interviewer was given honest answers about the reasons for not renewing. Not using it enough to justify costs, lack of interest in the magazine and bad experiences at club sites.

Well found Frank,

Likewise I have just sent for my copy

As the Highways Agency website says it is to benefit all Road users, the Truckers can hardly complain.

Also as one poster already pointed out most of us (potentially) would use them on a Friday night which will be the Truckers quiet period, so it could also benefit the Truck Stop proprieters.

For everyone's information I know of one which has opened only recently and may not be inclused

Not sure of the name, possibly "Ulceby Fork"

It is located just off the A180 Immingham West exit on to the A160 then approx 200yds turn Right s/p Ulcebey. The entrance is then immediately on your left. New buildings and a Truck Wash.

It does replace an old filling station, which had Truck parking.

Flicka

Archived