Jeremy Corbyn UK's fifth most admired man

Barryd999

How can that be when everyone keeps being nasty about him on here? (lol)

Never mind all that though. How the feck is Jacob Reek Smug ahead of the Pope and the Queen. How the hell is the little squashed headed Dickensian twerp even on the list? I demand a recount. Who in their right mind would actually vote for him? They want their bumps feeling.

Barryd999 - 2018-04-12 9:21 PM

Never mind all that though. How the feck is Jacob Reek Smug ahead of the Pope and the Queen. How the hell is the little squashed headed Dickensian twerp even on the list? I demand a recount. Who in their right mind would actually vote for him? They want their bumps feeling.

He isn't ahead of the Queen but is above the Pope, though i suspect Mugg would prefer to be underneath. (lol)

HMQ comes in at 19.60% where Mugg only scrapes in at 3%. Note the admiration score for Barack and Michelle Obama too. British appreciate the marked difference between a real politician compared to a swaggering belligerent tv reality host who spends his time boasting on Twitter.

Why do so many vote for the Queen?

Do they feel they really know her from what information she releses to the media?

Are her spin doctors doing a good job of presenting a middle class image despite her lifestyle?

Or is is because she is head of a corrupt system they benefit from?

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-04-12 9:21 PM

I'd vote for Moggie B-) ..........

Do you wanna feel my bumps? :D ........

Just askin :-> ........

Any vote on Twitter is hardly representative of the electorate as many people do not have, or want to have, anything to do with any form of anti-social media.

But if you want to take a vote from self obsessed morons, students and life's wasters I guess idiotface or similar is ideal.

Tracker - 2018-04-13 12:33 PM

Any vote on Twitter is hardly representative of the electorate as many people do not have, or want to have, anything to do with any form of anti-social media.

But if you want to take a vote from self obsessed morons, students and life's wasters I guess idiotface or similar is ideal.

Chatterbox is part of Social Media Rich, are you saying they are all Morons on here? Dont answer that question!!

Antony. I would rather see Daves pink undercrackers as being voted more popular than Reek Smug. I reckon they would be (slightly) less offensive and certainly more admirable.

Thankfully Chatterbox has not yet degenerated to the level of Twitface in spite of the efforts of the raging lunacy element and whilst it may be a form of social media it still lacks the sheer stupidity of so many contributors - although they are trying - very!!

John52 - 2018-04-13 7:00 AM

1 Why do so many vote for the Queen?

2 Do they feel they really know her from what information she releses to the media?

3 Are her spin doctors doing a good job of presenting a middle class image despite her lifestyle?

4 Or is is because she is head of a corrupt system they benefit from?

1 Because they regard a hereditary monarchy preferable to an elected politician as head of state.

2 Many do.

3 Obviously.

4 Only possible if you believe about 12 million of us are in receipt of Royal backhanders. Now, I wonder how many of us actually believe that? One? :-D

Tracker - 2018-04-13 12:33 PM

I’ve told the Pope and his 2.7 million followers on Twitter and his 4,690 followers on facebook that you think he’s a “life-waster” Rich. He says that no one is beyond salvation and he is praying for you. I even got a few days off my time in purgatory by following his twitter feed. In the words of the great septuagenarian Mick Jagger “May the Good Lord Shine a Light on You”…and in my own -have a good weekend! ;-)

Violet1956 - 2018-04-13 6:22 PM

I’ve told the Pope and his 2.7 million followers on Twitter and his 4,690 followers on facebook that you think he’s a “life-waster” Rich. He says that no one is beyond salvation and he is praying for you. I even got a few days off my time in purgatory by following his twitter feed. In the words of the great septuagenarian Mick Jagger “May the Good Lord Shine a Light on You”…and in my own -have a good weekend!

Ye gods and little fishes - Mick Jagger uttering words of wisdom - whatever next!

That alone has to be well worth not seeing!

You'll be telling me next that people actually believe what Doanld of Trumpton writes.

The followers of His Holiness are in number but a minute proportion of his followers and as such a vote of Twitface users only is hardly representative of reality.

It is said that the sun shines on the righteous Veronica and may it shine on you with all it's warm benevolence this weekend and thenceforth ad infinitum!.

• 2 weeks later...
Brian Kirby - 2018-04-13 6:05 PM

Only possible if you believe about 12 million of us are in receipt of Royal backhanders. Now, I wonder how many of us actually believe that? One? :-D

Not 12 million because some are obviously taken in by the PR spin, Daily Mail etc.

But she has quite a lot on the payroll indirectly. All those with power in Her Majesty's Forces and Government etc who have to swear allegience to the unelected side of Government (her) as condition of their employment.

And its not just that is it?

She is head of a system that makes a virtue out of inherited power and wealth. If she and her extended family of hangers on had to face an election, the next thing to go would be the Unelected House of Lords. And it wouldn't end there. People would start to question other inherited power and wealth, there could be a closing of the inheritance tax loopholes, even Her Majesty's Tax Havens could be threatened when we see how much it costs us to defend them. We might even see a move towards taxing unearned income instead of earned income, maybe even a Land Value Tax instead of VAT So we could see a shift in wealth from the wealth extractors to the wealth creators, a fairer and more equitable society.

But not whilst Her Unelected Majesty the Queen stands as an example to us all that however clever you are, and however hard you work, you can't have the top job unless you were born into it.

John52 - 2018-04-25 2:42 PM

Tracker - 2018-04-25 2:38 PM

I firmly believe, along with millions of others, that this country benefits far more from HM The Queen and her family

So why don't you want an election to prove it

I don't expect you to understand but the tradition and heritage of the UK have built up over centuries and the Royal Family do not need any election to prove anything to anyone - least of all you - unlike politicians who are so untrustworthy that we do need the opportunity to depose them - and prevent the extremists from gaining power every few years.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-04-25 2:34 PM

Only possible if you believe about 12 million of us are in receipt of Royal backhanders. Now, I wonder how many of us actually believe that? One? :-D

Not 12 million because some are obviously taken in by the PR spin, Daily Mail etc.

But she has quite a lot on the payroll indirectly. All those with power in Her Majesty's Forces and Government etc who have to swear allegience to the unelected side of Government (her) as condition of their employment.

She is head of a system that makes a virtue out of inherited power and wealth. If she and her extended family of hangers on had to face an election, the next thing to go would be the Unelected House of Lords. And it wouldn't end there. People would start to question other inherited power and wealth, there could be a closing of the inheritance tax loopholes, even Her Majesty's Tax Havens could be threatened when we see how much it costs us to defend them. We might even see a move towards taxing unearned income instead of earned income, maybe even a Land Value Tax instead of VAT So we could see a shift in wealth from the wealth extractors to the wealth creators, a fairer and more equitable society.

But not whilst Her Unelected Majesty the Queen stands as an example to us all that however clever you are, and however hard you work, you can't have the top job unless you were born into it.

Off topic I know Peter ........But do you know Mandy Richards? :-S .........

Just askin ;-) .......

Tracker - 2018-04-25 2:51 PM

John52 - 2018-04-25 2:42 PM

Tracker - 2018-04-25 2:38 PM

I firmly believe, along with millions of others, that this country benefits far more from HM The Queen and her family

So why don't you want an election to prove it

I don't expect you to understand but the tradition and heritage of the UK have built up over centuries and the Royal Family do not need any election to prove anything to anyone - least of all you - unlike politicians who are so untrustworthy that we do need the opportunity to depose them - and prevent the extremists from gaining power every few years.

What if a future monarch turns out like HenryVIII

How can we get rid of him and his hangers on?

pelmetman - 2018-04-25 3:01 PM

Just askin ;-) .......

Rejected by Labour - she should have tried the Tory Party ;-)

John52 - 2018-04-25 5:58 PM

What if a future monarch turns out like HenryVIII

How can we get rid of him and his hangers on?

I believe that a process does exist to over rule the monarchy, if not abolish it, but I feel disinclined to look for it as it is so unlikely to ever arise.

You are the cut and paste expert on all things when it suits your point of view so perhaps you could look it up and advise us mere mortals?

I'm happy, along with millions of other Brits, with the Monarchy the way it is.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-04-25 6:00 PM

pelmetman - 2018-04-25 3:01 PM

Just askin ;-) .......

Rejected by Labour - she should have tried the Tory Party ;-)

Rejected or removed from front of office? ;-) .........

Archived