Peugeot Boxer 2000 electric mirrors

grambo1348

Hi everyone I'm new to this but here goes.

Does anyone know where the power for the electric mirrors comes from, has it a relay under the fuse box which isn't mentioned in the vehicle handbook. It's not worked for the 8 years I've owned it and the Russeck manual isn't very helpful. Many thanks

Hi Brian, I've changed fuse 4 and dismantled the lower dash also removed fuse bar and discovered f4 & f5 have no connectors to them. I've searched for any spare spades among the spaghetti but there are none also looked for any spades under dash near the relays no luck. Have decided that I've coped for 8 years a few more won't hurt. Thanks very much anyway. Graham.

Hi Brian, yes they are electric I've replaced both of them in the past due to damage and have connected them to the wiring to no avail. Fuse 4 doesn't have any connections going to it with no loose wiring anywhere. I suspect I'll have to dig a bit more around the loom leading to the control switch, another job for the weekend me thinks. Thanks

Graham

Hi Brian, success I've sorted the power supply problem. When I first converted the camper I needed an ignition feed for the split charge relay and found a pink multi pin connector which wasn't connected to anything at all which had a feed when ignition turned on. I cut the live feed and used it for relay, the switch for the mirrors was broken when I bought it and it took ages for me to obtain a used one and the mirrors never worked. It always nagged me to fix it but I never found time but now I'm a happy bunny I just put the wiring back as it was JOB DONE !!! Thank you for your info I wouldn't have persisted otherwise.

Thanks again

Graham

Archived