Motor Home Sites Close to Fishing Rivers

GaryM

I am a keen angler. I prefer rivers to lakes so wonder if anyone can help me locate motor home touring sites close to rivers? I have ploughed through various angling publications and see there are very many for lake fishing but none advertised next to rivers. Come the new fishing season in June I want to tour the country so any help to identify sites near to rivers would be especially appreciated. :-)

The Caravan and Motorhome Club site at Hawes is right next to the upper reaches of the Ure.

Not fished it yet but apparently its excellent for Trout / Grayling, no coarse fish that Im aware of.

I think tickets are available at the site reception or at one of the shops in the village centre.

Mick

Hi Gary, I have fished at the caravan club site roundtree Park in the center of york. The river ouse is 5yards outside the main gate of the site, it is free fishing and is brilliant for roach and bream plus some huge pike. I have been many times and caught bream to 8lbs on bread and maggots, and roach on maggots bread using a punch but in the summer use hemp and tares. Hope this helps.

Thigh lines. Please report back on your sussess. Regards Tringy.

Archived