We're in the money

John52

Thats the title of the song Sainsbury's chief fat cat was caught singing http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43959687 (lol)

I guess no one will remember his speech, but everyone will remember him singing that song.

Reminds me of Neil Kinnock - no-one remembers Neil Kinnock's speech at the Labour Party Conference - they just remember him going on the beach afterwards, trying to dodge a wave, and going *rse over tit in his best suit (lol)

Kinnock was there at the wrong time. If he had been there at the right time like Bliar - when the Tories were so mired in sleaze as to be unelectable, and Rupert Murdoch no longer needed Thatcher's help to smash the print unions so 'It was the Sun what won it', I think Kinnock would have made PM.

Apparently he made a very good speech at the Conference.

Nobody remembers it though,

They just remember this

:D

John52 - 2018-05-02 11:39 AM

Kinnock was there at the wrong time. If he had been there at the right time like Bliar - when the Tories were so mired in sleaze as to be unelectable, and Rupert Murdoch no longer needed Thatcher's help to smash the print unions so 'It was the Sun what won it', I think Kinnock would have made PM.

Apparently he made a very good speech at the Conference.

Nobody remembers it though,

They just remember this

:D

So your basically saying he'd only ever become PM if the Tories were mired in sleaze ... He was leader for almost 10 years , lost two elections and the last one was supposedly an election he couldn't lose ... A loser ... But a winner with his family at the cash cow EU

antony1969 - 2018-05-02 12:17 PM

So your basically saying he'd only ever become PM if the Tories were mired in sleaze

No, I mentioned the media coverage too.

If they had covered his Conference speech and explained his policies, instead of just the incident on the beach, he might have won.

Barryd999 - 2018-05-02 12:17 PM

Why would you need to apologise for singing we're in the money? Does anyone care? Has the world gone mad? Oh yeah, I forgot, it has.

I guess because it sounds like gloating to those who will pay for it.

You wouldn't see the Queen singing 'we're in the money' even though she obviously is.

Her spin doctors are careful to present a middle class image of her going round turning off lights and heaters to save money

Sainsbury's chief fat cat says there will be lower prices and more profits. So who is that going to come from?

He says there will be no job losses IN STORES *-)

Even if you believe that, it still leaves head office and distribution workers.

And how will he use his increased bargaining power over suppliers *-)

John52 - 2018-05-02 1:18 PM

antony1969 - 2018-05-02 12:17 PM

So your basically saying he'd only ever become PM if the Tories were mired in sleaze

No, I mentioned the media coverage too.

If they had covered his Conference speech and explained his policies, instead of just the incident on the beach, he might have won.

So your blaming the press ... Like you do now ... But you didn't blame the press when Tony was in for 3 terms ... Bit of a theme going on here ... Try accepting he just wasn't cutting it

I seem to remember that after Kinnock lost the election, Labour were told if they did not modify their left wing policies, Labour would never be elected again. They changed to new Labour and won the next election. Now under Corbyn and Momentum they are going hard left. Watch this space.

Brian B.

John52 - 2018-05-02 5:54 PM

thebishbus - 2018-05-02 4:02 PM

. Now under Corbyn and Momentum they are going hard left.

Brian B.

Which of their policies do you think are 'hard left'?

The ones which the press highlight and you can blame defeat on maybe

antony1969 - 2018-05-02 6:16 PM

Brian B.

The ones which the press highlight and you can blame defeat on maybe

So thats a 'Don't Know' then *-)

hi,

Labours biggest problem is itself,I feel. At the moment for instance, any party which was the main opposition party should be maximising the state of the govt. and driving large holes right through it. Labour just seems to keep carrying baggage that works against this. If you talk about Windrush, then you will get anti-semitism thrown back at you. If you talk about Brexit, Labour have not clearly put their position out there.

Surely Corbyn has had enough time to clear all the decks so they could just focus on attacking the Tories. Seems to me the media is the one doing the most against the govt.

cheers

derek

Guest pelmetman

Brian B.

Remind me? ;-) ...........

When did a Labour government last leave power without leaving our economy up "Sh*t Creek without a paddle"???? *-) ........

That is the question every would be Labour voter should be asking? 8-) .........

derek pringle - 2018-05-03 9:14 AM

Surely Corbyn has had enough time to clear all the decks so they could just focus on attacking the Tories.

derek

I get the impression that he has spent his political life attacking other peoples policies - but I've got no idea what his own are.

;-)

pelmetman - 2018-05-03 9:22 AM

Brian B.

Remind me? ;-) ...........

When did a Labour government last leave power without leaving our economy up "Sh*t Creek without a paddle"???? *-) ........

That is the question every would be Labour voter should be asking? 8-) .........

Surprise, Surprise *-) you can't say which of Corbyn's policies are 'hard left 'either.

Just that Desmnond of the Mail has told you they are 'hard left' - like getting into Her Majesty's Tax Havens and making him pay tax :D

malc d - 2018-05-03 9:27 AM

Surely Corbyn has had enough time to clear all the decks so they could just focus on attacking the Tories.

derek

I get the impression that he has spent his political life attacking other peoples policies - but I've got no idea what his own are.

;-)

Of course not (lol)

The Billionaire owned Tory Media won't explain Corbyn's policies as that tends to cause people to vote for them 8-)

So they muddy the waters like presenting Anti-Eliteism as Anti-Semetism - since powerful elites often happen to be Jews as well.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-05-03 11:01 AM

derek

;-)

Of course not (lol)

The Billionaire owned Tory Media won't explain Corbyn's policies as that tends to cause people to vote for them 8-)

So they muddy the waters like presenting Anti-Eliteism as Anti-Semetism - since powerful elites often happen to be Jews as well.

Corbyn's policy propaganda lies are just that ;-) .........

History proves time & time again that Labour are incompetent when given the UK's taxpayers cheque book *-) .........

pelmetman - 2018-05-03 3:31 PM

derek

;-)

Of course not (lol)

History proves time & time again that Labour are incompetent when given the UK's taxpayers cheque book *-) .........

So says the Daily Mail (lol)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-05-03 6:16 PM

pelmetman - 2018-05-03 3:31 PM

derek

;-)

Of course not (lol)

So says the Daily Mail (lol)

.......and the UK electorate (lol) ........

Archived