Spanish articles in back issues of magazines?

chris

I have nearly all the motorhome magazines going back 3-4 yrs but have never catalogued them.

How can I find out which issue to pull out to find articles on :-

Green Spain (Northern Spain)

Portugal

Ferry crossings to Spain (we are using Acciano ferries)

I have found one article in Which Motorcaravan May 2005.

I have finally agreed to travel to Spain so wish to go to pleasant areas inland and on the North and West coast and Northern Portugal. I was mugged in Spain many years ago and it has made me wary of going near Spain and especially the Barcelona area. Also, the fact that France remains so motorhome friendly, we have tended to tour there for the summer. We are booked for 5 weeks from July 23rd landing in Bilbao so it will be peak season. We have booked 3 nights at Santillana del Mar and 3 at Llanes. After that we could travel anywhere. Any help from someone who knows where to look would be much appreciated.

If we are not happy there then we can always head north to France.

Chris

Chris

Can't answer for the mags but, we went that way in 2005, and found Burgos well worth a visit.  Camping Fuentes Blancas is a very well run municipal, and had a free minibus shuttle into town when we were there.  It is also walkable through a quite pleasant riverside park. 

Potes, in the Picos de Europa has one of the best campsites I've ever visited, Camping la Voirna.  Great walking country but a bit bl**dy hot for steep hills.  Site has a website, search under that name.  However, arrive loaded, because the shops are a bit far away for carrying the shopping.  Oh, and approach Potes from the North, it's an interesting road, but the others a bit too much so, apparently! 

Santaigo de Compostela is a paradox.  It is a grade 1 tourist trap, yet manages to be a very pleasant town as well!  Camping as Cancelas is within walking distance and there is a large supermarket in the basement of a huge apartment development not too far distant.  The drawback is its downhill from the site.  Site approach is steep, park in the road, go in, choose your pitch and then drive straight in and up.  Excellent sanitary facs - all marble inside! 

Luarca, on the N coast, approx halfway between Potes and Santiago, has a campsite with one of the best sea views I've ever seen.  It sits on a north facing headland looking out across the Bay of Biscay: quite stunning.  However, the facs ewre a bit tired and the owners ditto, they said they wanted to close up, but couldn't afford it!  So, if you can find an alternative site, the town is rather nice.  However, be warned, it is a fishing port and all the surrounding flat land is on the cliffs.  Plenty of supermarkets in town, but it is a long, hot, climb back up, when laden!  Central Luarca is not for motorhomes!

Thanks all,

Had a reply that MMM do an index for the year every Feb. so I have just been scanning a load of articles going back to 2001 and scanning all the index listings in Feb of each year. MMM have not made me aware of this feature before!

Wow am I glad I kept those mags now.

Practical motorhome had info on their back issue section of their web site so have been scanning those too.

I am going to have a lot of reading to do now.

Thanks all and thanks for the info on different places Brian

Chris

Hi Chris

Not a lot to do with spanish articles but may help with your (or anyone elses) tour of Spain.

There is a very good motorhome web site (only in Spanish unforunately) including details of Spanish Aires. http://www.lapaca.org/

This carries lots of info for motorhomers and details of established aires and also details of new aires that are being established/inaugurated.

Enjoy your trip

BrianM

arturus - 2007-01-21 5:51 PM

Hi Chris

Not a lot to do with spanish articles but may help with your (or anyone elses) tour of Spain.

There is a very good motorhome web site (only in Spanish unforunately) including details of Spanish Aires. http://www.lapaca.org/

This carries lots of info for motorhomers and details of established aires and also details of new aires that are being established/inaugurated.

Enjoy your trip

BrianM

Another great site here in Spain which has a very active forum is :-

http://www.acpasion.com/

BTW, AC is the abbreviation of Autocaravana which is what the Spanish call motorhomes.

Derek

Archived