I'm free ... at last !

Will86

I stopped (some time ago) accumulating Supermarket points.

Plus I've now cut out all direct debit payments. All contacts are by phone text or post.

I refuse to be dictated to. I need no offers. I don't want any friends.

All I need is to go my own way when I feel like it. :D :D

Unprovoked contact by phone, text and post is often even more irritating than spurious online contact.

The wretched phone always rings at the worst possible moment and txt spk is really tiresome so I only ever turn MY phone on when I want to make a call.

The telephone and mail preference services stop an awful lot of crud reaching me so I am not about to invite anyone new to send me more, and I still have both of my friends!

I'm also free from any telephone interruptions by having a standard answer system engaged all the time. I only answer to messages left and never anything else therefore am never called or disturbed unnecessary, its often the same number so they eventually stop I also have the automatic caller display feature, one other is that I never call mobile numbers so do it my way or not at all. The family only use text.

I do use the web for research and buying objects, other that my best gadget is the Satnav.

My Granma Mrs T is still around but always hides when called. She did send a wonderful comment to the TV snooker team recently when they were broadcasting from Sheffield. They had at that time sound mikes under the tables ... she complained about gentlemen's balls cracking together and the pain inflicted, no reply was offered but the mikes were removed.

I've also managed another good change. I was using a windows 7 system laptop which although excellent was becoming outdated with masses of spam items, so went for a new windows 10, at first it was horrendous but we have a brilliant computer company in Crawley here who doctored the system to give me the windows 7 appearance in all that i need.

Yes it can be done from 10 to 7 and apart from a few odd things its perfect. One part I find impossible is the photo manipulation side of windows. I always used Picasa which is near perfect but i get the impression windows is aimed at getting me to buy more software.

Guest pelmetman

I'm free to Will :D ...........

Apparently when it comes to decorating the MIL's for rental 8-) ...........

Will86 - 2018-05-18 9:58 AM

My Granma Mrs T is still around but always hides when called. She did send a wonderful comment to the TV snooker team recently when they were broadcasting from Sheffield.

Reminds me of the snooker commentary many years ago where the commentator said something like,

'for those of you with black and white television sets, the pink is the one between the brown and yellow balls'

Archived