God Bless Em

antony1969

5 years today since Lee Rigby was slaughtered on the streets by Islamic terrorists ... 1 year today the Islamic Manchester Arena bomber slaughtered many youngsters simply for enjoying a concert ... What a terrible waste of life in the name of a dodgy God ... Only because of fantastic security work have many , many more innocent folk been saved from Islamic terrorists since

Don’t you mean that the people who slaughter innocent people in the name of God are dodgy Antony? Or are you saying that God is dodgy? From my dim and distant memory of my RE studies the latter proposition is open to debate but the former is most definitely the mantra of the amoral and/or deranged.

Violet1956 - 2018-05-22 6:32 PM

Don’t you mean that the people who slaughter innocent people in the name of God are dodgy Antony? Or are you saying that God is dodgy? From my dim and distant memory of my RE studies the latter proposition is open to debate but the former is most definitely the mantra of the amoral and/or deranged.

I would have thought Veronica anyone who follows a God that married a 6 year old child and had sex with her at 9 might describe that God as a little dodgy ... I thought dodgy was being very kind ... You obviously don't

Violet1956 - 2018-05-22 7:52 PM

The phrase your used was a “dodgy God” not a dodgy “prophet” Antony. That’s all I was intending to point out. Dodgy prophets there may be and long live the freedom of speech that you and I enjoy to call them out as we see fit.

I'll go with a dodgy God ... If its good enough for Muslims to scream Allahu Akbar at every slaughter then thats good enough for me because as we know that translates to GOD is great/greater doesnt it

The jury’s out on whether there is a God and whether he/she is benign. There have been lots of crimes committed in the name of God but many are just an excuse for egregious acts of selfish/politically motivated violence. I believe that you and I can see through the artifice behind those claims whatever faith the perpetrators claim they possess.

Just as not all Labour politicians are greedy self centred bigoted megalomaniacs so not all muslims are evil and you do yourself no credit Antony by effectively continually labeling all muslims as evil.

As for God/Allah or whatever, he/she does not exist, and never has, and is purely an elaborate fabrication by greedy and manipulative people over hundreds of years simply to gain power, influence and wealth over the more gullible in their respective societies.

Nevertheless as a devout non believer I respect the feelings of those that do believe and I feel that God's name should not be taken in vain nor the church insulted and people manipulated in the way that so many alleged believers of all religions do.

Tracker - 2018-05-22 8:47 PM

Just as not all Labour politicians are greedy self centred bigoted megalomaniacs so not all muslims are evil and you do yourself no credit Antony by effectively continually labeling all muslims as evil.

As for God/Allah or whatever, he/she does not exist, and never has, and is purely an elaborate fabrication by greedy and manipulative people over hundreds of years simply to gain power, influence and wealth over the more gullible in their respective societies.

Nevertheless as a devout non believer I respect the feelings of those that do believe and I feel that God's name should not be taken in vain nor the church insulted and people manipulated in the way that so many alleged believers of all religions do.

But I haven't said that Richard have I and all I have pointed out is what the Koran teaches us about his relationship with his child bride Aisha ... By anyones standards that has to be more than dodgy

antony1969 - 2018-05-23 6:24 AM

But I haven't said that Richard have I and all I have pointed out is what the Koran teaches us about his relationship with his child bride Aisha ... By anyones standards that has to be more than dodgy

Fair enough Antony, but it is easy to take sections out of any writings (or speeches) and manipulate them to suit one's purposes, not that I am suggesting you have done that.

I am no expert on the Quran or the Bible having never been interested enough to read either of 'em but I do grow weary of people 'quoting' from them in order to make a point.

Tracker - 2018-05-22 8:47 PM

I agree with that. I'm not atheist but can't consider myself a devout 'church go-er' as i don't go to any, but was brought up with strong Christian beliefs....didn't agree with everything (still don't) my parents held, but respected them. Though much of the moral values and principles they gave me, i do try to follow.

Ex-wifes brother was very religious and before i met him she warned me about saying "good God" or "Jesus Christ" as we often do as a way of expression as he'd view it as a profanity. Turned out to be a thoroughly decent chap and we got on great....i still keep in touch with him now.

Archived