Itv2 or lack of

weldted

Hi we have an icecrypt receiver that works on Astra2 and Intellesat 907. With an Oyster 85cm auto skew dish.

Over the last couple of days have been unable to recive ITV2 can get ITV2+1 OK. All other channels are ok.

Any ideas please.

ITV2 is on a vertical polarisation

ITV2+1 is on a vertical polarisation.

So either your dish is not aligned correctly, not large enough for where you are (where you do not say), or your LNB skew is not right, or your LNB has gone.

But then you say "all other channels are ok"... which would say to me ITV4 (and ITVbe) is fine... which is on the same frequency as ITV2, and so there would be no reasons as to why you can get ITV4 and not ITV2.

Many thanks for the info, we are currently back home in Plymouth, we have been receiving ITV 2 and all the other channels fine in most of France, some channels from Astra 2 at various locations in Spain and parts of Portugal, and the Intellasat 907 BBC 1&2 ITV 1, Channel 4&5 all over Spain and Portugal. So system seems fine it's just itv2 shows no signal ?

From the lists, there have been no changes to anything for ITV2...it is stil where it has been, and alll VPIDs etc are still the same.

But very weird that you cannot get ITV2 but you can get ITV4, which is on the same frequency.

Perhaps rescanning the frequency may help get it back???

weldted - 2018-05-23 8:53 PM

Hi we have an icecrypt receiver that works on Astra2 and Intellesat 907. With an Oyster 85cm auto skew dish.

Over the last couple of days have been unable to recive ITV2 can get ITV2+1 OK. All other channels are ok.

Any ideas please.

Hi, dump all of your 'hi tech hardware' including the dish that can't be used in windy conditions, and loves to go round and round to the amusement of everyone. Get all tv channels anywhere in Europe with a wifi router and laptop!!

Had an Oyster dish since 2007 can count on one hand how many times had to lower dish for wind. Wifi no good in a lot of wild camping places. Nothing wrong with the system in general, the question was why have I lost one channel. Just done 7 months France, Spain and Portugal with no problems.

weldted - 2018-05-25 10:25 PM

Had an Oyster dish since 2007 can count on one hand how many times had to lower dish for wind. Wifi no good in a lot of wild camping places. Nothing wrong with the system in general, the question was why have I lost one channel. Just done 7 months France, Spain and Portugal with no problems.

Having been in Spain for 8 months both wild camping and ACSI sites, not experienced anywhere that the wifi dongle do'es not receive signal, and with 100gb a month credit we can watch as much as needed. No we don't do soaps or tipping point, just dramas and news. I am surprised that if you've been in Spain and Portugal this winter with all the wind, that your dish is still attached to the roof!

Deffheads - 2018-05-26 10:44 PM
weldted - 2018-05-25 10:25 PMHad an Oyster dish since 2007 can count on one hand how many times had to lower dish for wind. Wifi no good in a lot of wild camping places. Nothing wrong with the system in general, the question was why have I lost one channel. Just done 7 months France, Spain and Portugal with no problems.
Having been in Spain for 8 months both wild camping and ACSI sites, not experienced anywhere that the wifi dongle do'es not receive signal, and with 100gb a month credit we can watch as much as needed. No we don't do soaps or tipping point, just dramas and news. I am surprised that if you've been in Spain and Portugal this winter with all the wind, that your dish is still attached to the roof!

Why do people like you insist on ignoring the question and inflicting arrogant self-satisfaction (with your own way of doing things) on others?  The OP has explained why he doesn't want your irrelevant answer, why don't you now shut up?

weldted - 2018-05-24 10:53 AMHi we have an icecrypt receiver that works on Astra2 and Intellesat 907. With an Oyster 85cm auto skew dish.Over the last couple of days have been unable to recive ITV2 can get ITV2+1 OK. All other channels are ok.Any ideas please.

I have suffered puzzling loss of particular stations and it's either been poor aerial alignment or the need to re-scan the channels. Not sure either explain your present problem but it can't do any harm to rescan anyway, can it?

or the need to re-scan the channels. Not sure either explain your present problem but it can't do any harm to rescan anyway, can it?

Most of the channels operated by BBC ITV C4 and Five have not changed frequency or settings for several years, so generally dont need rescanning.

It is the less popular channels that do tend to change frequencies every so often, in which case a rescan will be requried...

(obviously if you have a freesat or sky box then these automatically update to new frequencies)

• 2 weeks later...

Now cannot get

Itv2

Itv3

Itv4

Itv3+1

Itv4+1

Channel4+1

Have done a full re-tune, checked the distance from the rubber top on the lnb to one of the upper screws on the dish (67 cm)

Whilst the dish is searching when it finds Astra2 and the Autoskew is fine tuning the lnb I can get itv2, but as soon as the skew has stopped I lose it. Spoke to Oyster sat tec who have been most helpful in trying to work out what is going on. Have power to the lnb from the box (19 volts) but am lost. When changing to Intellesat 907 all of the available channels are fine. Currently at my storage yard just outside Plymouth, clear view of the sky??

Ronnie&us - 2018-06-06 8:18 PM

Hi A different question if i may. What Sat receiver do you use? Sky Box or Freesat? Looking to go to Spain with a 85cm dish, Sorry to go off track hope your having some sucess with your question. Phil

Weldted uses an Icecrypt satellite receiver, we use the same but don't know if its the same model. Ours is picking up all the channels here in the UK with a satellite dome, no problem with any of them.

I believe an Icecrypt satellite receiver will pick up Intelsat 907 so that you can receive some UK programs in parts of Europe. Friends who go to Portugal for the Winter use an Icecrypt, at one time they had to get a new code each month from the internet but don't know whether that is still the case.

Re my receiver it's an icecrypt s 1600 but the are no longer trading. You need an 85cm dish with the auto skew to use both Astra 2 and Intellesat 907 the further south you go you lose Astra channels but had no problem using 907 down as far as Sagres in Portugal and up the west coast to Vigo.

weldted - 2018-06-06 7:45 PM

Now cannot get

Itv2

Itv3

Itv4

Itv3+1

Itv4+1

Channel4+1

Have done a full re-tune, checked the distance from the rubber top on the lnb to one of the upper screws on the dish (67 cm)

Whilst the dish is searching when it finds Astra2 and the Autoskew is fine tuning the lnb I can get itv2, but as soon as the skew has stopped I lose it. Spoke to Oyster sat tec who have been most helpful in trying to work out what is going on. Have power to the lnb from the box (19 volts) but am lost. When changing to Intellesat 907 all of the available channels are fine. Currently at my storage yard just outside Plymouth, clear view of the sky??

All those channels are on vertical low.

Perhaps your LNB is going

Or your switching is going...or your pwoer is not right....19v??? usually it should be 13/18v

Ronnie&us - 2018-06-06 8:18 PM

Hi A different question if i may. What Sat receiver do you use? Sky Box or Freesat? Looking to go to Spain with a 85cm dish, Sorry to go off track hope your having some success with your question. Phil

A Sky box will boot up and work fine on an 85cm dish all over Spain

A freesat box may not even boot up or operate properly, as the Freesat data stream is on a UK beam frequency, that your 85cm dish may struggle to get.

Also, the Sky box will get most of the sky pay channels on your dish over most of spain, but both boxes will NOT get the free channels like BBC ITV C4 Five simply as your dish is too small... it may just about get them in the Valencia area, but apart from that then depending where you go in Spain the required dish size for these channels ranges from 1m to 4m+. Which is why people turn to the intelsat system to get 10 channels, by hacking into encrpyted feeds from a freeview back up system, of which the most popular receiver to do this is the icecrypt, but a few other receivers also do this...

Having changed the LNB have still exactly the same problem, have borrowed a sky box and all channels now working. It would now appear that the problem is with the icecrypt receiver, hopefully a replacement will be on the way soon!! Fingers crossed.

Archived