What a fab holiday

ColinM50

Currently in Brittany, been here since last Friday and stayed at five sites, all four or five sta and with ACSI card not paid more than €17 a night. None have been busy, in fact the one we stayed at yesterday ear Arzon on the Golf of Morbihan,the lovely lady who runs it says they rely on the Brits this time of year and their organisation which represents the campsites are all finding the same - the Brits aren't there and they're dead worried about Brexit. She asked if we'd come next year and I admit to teasing here a bit, said only if we get a discount and she offered us a bottle of free wine. I also asked her what time the pool opens and she said whenever I want it to

Overall there's been nothing on the roads, we've driven from the Cherbourg, down to the north Brittany coast around Dinard, down to Vannes and for long stretches it's been just us.

Weather's fab, food in supermarkets is a bit more than UK, and eating out for us is a no no due to budget but the French are really friendly and helpful.

If you're at a loose end, now's the time to visit this part of France. We're having a brilliant time and may even extend our break.

Oh and BTW, I asked a couple of months back about parking at Portsmouth the night before travelling.It's not a problem, there was half a dozen of us and apart from the noises of a busy dock, no issues at all. Au revoir, Colin

Good afternoon,

Could it be hat people are getting put off by things like the crit air certificate. the privatisation of speeding enforcement . the increase in speed cameras. The rising cost of going to France . the immigration problems at Callais and so on ? ?

goldi - 2018-05-25 5:03 PM

Good afternoon,

Could it be hat people are getting put off by things like the crit air certificate. the privatisation of speeding enforcement . the increase in speed cameras. The rising cost of going to France . the immigration problems at Callais and so on ? ?

Not to mention the 'bargain' price of 17 Euros a night - off season - no wonder the site owners are worried with so many Aires about!

Nevertheless I am glad you enjoyed your holiday in what is still one of the most motorhome friendly countries in Europe.

Hi

We are at Mousteirs Sainte Marie, camping St Jean paying yes 17€ pn, but the Aire is €8.60pn for just a cramped space. Afraid we like a little comfort in our old age

Diesel has gone up since last year, best we have had is €1.41

ColinM50 - 2018-05-24 6:59 PM

...eating out for us is a no no due to budget...

It depends where you eat and when.

In France we eat out most days (my wife insists!) but midday not in the evening.

Looking at my credit-card statement for our April trip, the most expensive midday meal was £29.75 (“La Cantine” in Chateau Gontier) but generally the cost was around £25 for the two of us for a several-course menu including wine.

Derek Uzzell - 2018-05-26 9:00 AM
ColinM50 - 2018-05-24 6:59 PM...eating out for us is a no no due to budget...
It depends where you eat and when.In France we eat out most days (my wife insists!) but midday not in the evening.Looking at my credit-card statement for our April trip, the most expensive midday meal was £29.75 (“La Cantine” in Chateau Gontier) but generally the cost was around £25 for the two of us for a several-course menu including wine.

Surely Derek, that is Colin's point? 

I would consider a daily spend of £25 on a meal out for 2 well outside my budget!

Tracker - 2018-05-25 5:15 PM

goldi - 2018-05-25 5:03 PM

Good afternoon,

Not to mention the 'bargain' price of 17 Euros a night - off season - no wonder the site owners are worried with so many Aires about

Compared to the prices of UK campsites, 17 euros is a bargain.

Getting a Crit air certificate was quick cheap and easy.

With our old van and my relaxed driving style I am no more worried about getting a ticket than I would be in the UK.

Archived