Thoughts on Westfalia Columbus 641E

SergeantJav

Thinking of picking one of these vans up...searched the forum and couldn’t see much about them. Anyone got one or any other Columbus model? This will be a 2017 model. Basically fixed rear bed, Fiat Ducato 6.36 m long PVC, side dinette mid washroom with an extra berth with a fold out bench.

Appreciate any positive or negative experiences of these vans or this make... :-D

Hello

I very seriously considered a 6m Westfalia Columbus when I was looking at vans in 2016 (in the end I went for a coachbuilt but have recently changed to a panel van conversion).   I thought the build quality of internal fixtures and fittings of the Westfalia was very good and like you I would have gone for the feature whereby the dinette bench seat would become a double bed for the x2 grandchildren though I hadn't actually stepped inside a van with that feature; given that it was a Westfalia van it was going to be an awful lot of money!  The dealer that I would have purchased the Westfalia from also sold Adria vans and I accept that he may well have had (commission) reasons for expressing his opinion that the Westfalia's were no better build quality than the Adrias (though of course the latter were considerably cheaper to buy).  After buying the coachbuilt (not from that dealer), during a visit to one of the motorshows, I stepped inside the Columbus with the dinette bed feature (to make a small double) and was actually relieved that I hadn't gone for that feature/van as the space between the bench seat and the kitchenette housing was very, very narrow as the bench seat intruded further into the available space...............

All the best 

Zafira

Cheers for the response.... the bench seat bed comes in 2 sizes ...I too saw a wide one in a 600d and agree it was cramped in the aisle but the narrow one doesn’t stick out...the bed realistically is big enough for one adult to spread out in the narrow option.

Any Westfalia Columbus owners out there?

Archived