Thetford gas hob

steveandlisa

Hello folks,

Only just recently bought a new to us 2012 Bailey Approach 740 se. We seem to have a problem with the Thetford hob, when we turn on all the hob burners there doesn't seem to be enough gas pressure. One burner is fine or two of the small burners just about copes but any more than this then the burners just fade. I have tried a new full gas bottle, removed and cleaned the burners and checked the gas jets all to no avail. The Hab check was done just before collection so there should be no problems there.

Any ideas or suggestions please.

regards Steve

The symptoms strongly suggest that there’s a problem with your Bailey’s gas-regulator - far from unknown with motorhomes.

If it’s thought that a gas-regulator may be starting to fail, a standard check is to light all the hob’s gas-burners and turn them all to maximum output, as this should prove whether or not an adequate supply of gas is passing from the gas-bottle through the regulator and into the motorhome’s 'low-pressure’ gas pipework. The signs are that, with your motorhome, there’s a restriction (ie. a partial blockage) within the regulator that’s limiting the gas-flow.

You might want to check that all the gas shut-off valves within your motorhome’s interior are in their fully-open position but, if those valves are properly open, the likelihood is that you’ll need a new regulator.

This type of regulator-related fault can occur quite suddenly, so even if no problem was found during the pre-collection habitation check (I admire your trusting nature ;-) ) it could happen immediately afterwards.

I’m sure you will get the problem sorted , welcome to the world of 740 SE ownership ( we have had ours for 5 yrs now from new with no intention to get rid ! ) , drop me a line if you ever have any 740 specific queries !

Archived