Low bridge in Dijon?

martin h

We are going to Dijon in June and have read about the low bridge on the approach to the Camping Du Lac campsite. We are coming from the north and wondered if it is possible to avoid the low bridge, our motorhome is 3m high, in the sat nav the height is set at 3.0m. I did email the site a week ago but as of yet I have not had a reply.

Thanks in advance.

Martin

Hi we stopped there middle of May three years ago.Our motorhome was 2.95 high and we got under the bridge no problem but drove through slowly as like you we were not too sure. There are signs stating that the campsite is liable to flooding from the adjacent river, ok while we were there but ground was quite damp and the grass was uncut. Toilets and showers not the best.

Regards David

martin h - 2018-05-29 7:02 PM

We are going to Dijon in June and have read about the low bridge on the approach to the Camping Du Lac campsite. We are coming from the north and wondered if it is possible to avoid the low bridge, our motorhome is 3m high, in the sat nav the height is set at 3.0m. I did email the site a week ago but as of yet I have not had a reply.

Thanks in advance.

Martin

Yes you can, though you don't say which road you will be approaching on.

Assuming you will be turning off the Boulevard Chanoine Kir from the north east, drive past the site entrance and continue across the river Ouche and the Canal de Bourgogne until you come to a roundabout (about half a mile), do a 360 round the roundabout and come back up the Boulevard Chanoine Kir from the south west, when you can exit right for the site (right turn to site is signposted on approach). This avoids the 3M high bridge under the Boulevard Chanoine Kir.

The same road can be used for exit from the site, but it seems you will have to turn back north east onto Boulevard Chanoine Kir when you leave, and then turn left or right onto the D905 (the left turn onto the D905 is signed "toutes directions", so may prove the best bet).

Archived