BBC Remoaner propaganda machine has stepped up a gear........

Guest pelmetman

Hi,

If we do not leave the EU, the Brexiteers will start all over again.

If we do leave, the Remoaners will try to get us back in. Will the EU welcome us back, and give us a better deal? Or will they rub our noses in the smelly stuff ... they will have won, so why should they be benevolent?

Personally, if there was another referendum, I suspect there would be a bigger vote to leave.

Guest pelmetman
W3526602 - 2018-05-31 7:08 PM

Hi,

If we do leave, the Remoaners will try to get us back in. Will the EU welcome us back, and give us a better deal? Or will they rub our noses in the smelly stuff ... they will have won, so why should they be benevolent?

Personally, if there was another referendum, I suspect there would be a bigger vote to leave.

Oh dear......You've just ruined Barry & Brian's evening :D ........

W3526602 - 2018-05-31 7:08 PM

Hi,

Eh ... You need to read those polls and surveys and Government reports that fantasy Barry reads ... It'll be a Remain landslide dont ya know

If your so confident why are the hard core Brexiteers so much against either another referendum or a Public vote on the final deal?

Ill tell you why it will be a landslide for remain, because everything that was promised from the Vote Leave camp has been exposed as complete tosh its just the public in the main are blissfully unaware because most of them have just disengaged, Another campaign now which involves the public would crush Brexit as Vote Leave would have nothing to say.

Easiest deal in history. Nope

They need us more than we need them. Nope

£350m for the NHS. Feck me! Nope.

Take back control of our borders. Nope

Get our fishing back. That was a dead cert, Nope.

Get shot of Immigrants. Nope

Stop sending money to the EU. Nope.

No more ECJ. Nope, at least its looking like a Nope.

Turkey are joining the EU and coming here. Feck me again! Nope. Never!

I Could go on.

Barryd999 - 2018-06-01 12:25 AM

If your so confident why are the hard core Brexiteers so much against either another referendum or a Public vote on the final deal?

Ill tell you why it will be a landslide for remain, because everything that was promised from the Vote Leave camp has been exposed as complete tosh its just the public in the main are blissfully unaware because most of them have just disengaged, Another campaign now which involves the public would crush Brexit as Vote Leave would have nothing to say.

I Could go on.

Cos we already had a referendum

Guest pelmetman

I Could go on.

Actually I fully expect there will be another referendum :-| ..........

Why else are we being bombarded by Remoaner propaganda via the so called impartial BBC? *-) .........

So far though it appears to be making bog all difference in the polls B-) ........Just in your head (lol) .......

pelmetman - 2018-06-01 8:51 AM

I Could go on.

Why else are we being bombarded by Remoaner propaganda via the so called impartial BBC? *-) .........

So far though it appears to be making bog all difference in the polls B-) ........Just in your head (lol) .......

Because nobody is listening Dave although I disagree about the polls and surveys. Opinion has changed but not by much.

If there was another referendum people would have to take notice. I suspect there would be much anger but eventually that anger would turn on the people who brought about Brexit and those that made all those false promises. People will see if they re-engage just how damaging it is going to be for the country and them.

You also have to consider that 1.2 million people have croaked since the referendum, most of them Brexiteers and a similar number of young people have become eligible to vote. Your right to fear another referendum.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-06-01 11:23 AM

pelmetman - 2018-06-01 8:51 AM

I Could go on.

Because nobody is listening Dave although I disagree about the polls and surveys. Opinion has changed but not by much.

If there was another referendum people would have to take notice. I suspect there would be much anger but eventually that anger would turn on the people who brought about Brexit and those that made all those false promises. People will see if they re-engage just how damaging it is going to be for the country and them.

You also have to consider that 1.2 million people have croaked since the referendum, most of them Brexiteers and a similar number of young people have become eligible to vote. Your right to fear another referendum.

Well you better hope a lot more of us snuff it soon Barry coz there's only 300 days left til...... "B" Day B-) ........

BTW 1.2 million people in a year? 8-) .........You might wanna check your Remoaner propaganda machine......Coz It's talking boll*cks (lol) .........

Hi Barry,

Does nobody realise that politicians, of any colour, cannot make promises? At least, they cannot promise to keep their promises They can, however, tell us about their ambitions.

The Tory declared ambition is to make Britain prosprous. Yeah, I can vote for that.

The Labour declared ambition is to destroy the Tories. And what do they plan to do after that?

The EU declared ambition is to keep collecting taxes from the UK, and keep us in our place.

How many of us who have visited France have any experience of hospital waiting times? My only experience is breaking a tooth below the gum at 12.15hrs ... it developed an unpleasant wobble. I drove into Evran, found a back-street dentist. He told me to come back after his lunch break (2 hours).

This was a one-man practice, not even a receptionist, but he had hi-tech kit that I had never seen before.

My tooth was out, after a struggle to dig the roots out my jaw, with nothing to get hold of, by 14.30hrs.

Then came the matter of payment. He didn't understand Franglais, and I couldn't understand what documents he wanted. No documents meant I had to pay in full ... I think. I was happy to pay the €22 he demanded.

How much dental treatment do you get for €22 in the UK? Why is there a difference?

Somewhere in my memory banks, I have a recollection of the then Government (can't remember what colour) giving the NHS a LOT of money. It was used to give the Big Nebbies big pay rises ... not much filtered down to the patients or infrastructure.

A Nurse Practioner recently refused my wife's request for a prescription for Paracetamol. Apparently every prescription costs the NHS £15. My mind boggles. Something somewhere needs sorting out. The Tories say they are trying to sort it out. Labour say they are going to throw more money at the problem.

My wife is happy to buy Paracetamol. But she/we find it difficult to walk round supermarkets ... and then be told we can't buy more than a few. Complain to your MP, and you are told to take your problem to your Regional Heath Authority (or whoever).

Men in Suits have just made a balls up of the railways. Regional Railways. But I bet the Executives buy their suits from the same tailors as the Regional Health executives.

I'm in favour of bringing the railways back into public ownership, but run CENTRALLY by career Public Servants, so we know who to complain to .... and the same for the NHS. I want somebody who's pay and promotion depend on providing a good service, not on making a profit. I resent paying my taxes to central government, and having them spent locally by somebody I've never heard of.

Can you tell me who you voted for, to be your MEP? Do you know his name? I bet you don't, because you didn't vote for a person, you voted for a political party.

Now ... what were we talking about ..... ? Ah , yes .... some people want to do a good job, and other people just want a good job. Which group do the EU fat cats fall into?

There are self serving fat cats in all avenues of politics and business. I am sure there are within the EU as there are in our Government. We will be bound to the EU it seems forever one way or another so better to have our own fat cats at the negotiating table than none at all.

Dave. at the time of the vote, leave voters outnumbered Remain by 1.3 million and that since the referendum which is actually two years ago not one (do you not have a diary?) roughly 1.2 million voters have died, while 1.4 million have entered voting age. Each year that gap will widen. Of course not all young voters would vote remain but roughly 75% will. You can see where this is going. On top of that you have a slow swing to remaining anyway.

Your Brexit is going to have to be pretty good or even if it does happen its going to be very short lived.

Barryd999 - 2018-06-02 10:16 AM

………………... since the referendum which is actually two years ago not one (do you not have a diary?) roughly 1.2 million voters have died,

…….. .and it's quite possible that most of them were concerned about their grandchildrens' future - and voted to remain in the EU.

:-|

malc d - 2018-06-02 11:01 AM

………………... since the referendum which is actually two years ago not one (do you not have a diary?) roughly 1.2 million voters have died,

…….. .and it's quite possible that most of them were concerned about their grandchildrens' future - and voted to remain in the EU.

Did you mean voted to "Leave" the EU?

I dont believe that the older generation voted out to protect their grandchildren. I think they voted out because in the main they dont like change hark back to a false vision of the 50s-70s through rose coloured spectacles of an uncrowded Britain where everyone was very "British" and there were Bobbies on bicycles who would give young scallywags a clip round the ear. Truth is there has never been a better UK than "The now" and this Utopia of the past never existed. When we joined in the 70s the UK was a complete basket case and it a right state. Now look at us.

Protectionism only works if your self sufficient and we are not by a country mile. The world has changed, like it or lump it but dumping it is not the answer. Globalisation, free movement and being part of an EU bloc has its downsides but we cant afford to jump ship and the young who will inherit this mess will never thank their elders for leaving them with it to deal with.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-06-02 11:59 AM

Globalisation, free movement and being part of an EU bloc has its downsides but we cant afford to jump ship and the young who will inherit this mess will never thank their elders for leaving them with it to deal with.

So what?.......I've had to endure 40 years of the EU I was to young vote for *-) .........

Nope.

That's why I said REMAIN.

malc d - 2018-06-02 12:24 PM

Nope.

But the vast majority of those over 65 voted to leave and the vast majority of under 25s voted to remain so how do you square that?

pelmetman - 2018-06-02 12:08 PM

Globalisation, free movement and being part of an EU bloc has its downsides but we cant afford to jump ship and the young who will inherit this mess will never thank their elders for leaving them with it to deal with.

So what?.......I've had to endure 40 years of the EU I was to young vote for *-) .........

Endure? What has the EU dont that has effected you personally so much Dave? Personally I cant think of anything in my life thats been made worse by being a member of the EU.

I can however think of a lot of things especially locally that have benefited from being in the EU.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-06-02 12:28 PM

Endure? What has the EU dont that has effected you personally so much Dave? Personally I cant think of anything in my life thats been made worse by being a member of the EU.

I can however think of a lot of things especially locally that have benefited from being in the EU.

Potholes for a start *-) ..........It would be nice to drive on the same kinda roads in the UK that I helped pay to build in Spain >:-) ........

Barryd999 - 2018-06-02 12:26 PM

Nope.

But the vast majority of those over 65 voted to leave and the vast majority of under 25s voted to remain so how do you square that?

Around our way the vote was secret so I've no idea who voted in or out.

( All the "old people " I know voted to remain ).

malc d - 2018-06-02 12:54 PM

Nope.

Just about everyone I know voted to remain Malc but thats obviously not representative of the country. There is enough documented evidence now that show the demographic by age and the older generation generally voted out and the younger remain. Thats a fact.

pelmetman - 2018-06-02 12:36 PM

Potholes for a start *-) ..........It would be nice to drive on the same kinda roads in the UK that I helped pay to build in Spain >:-) ........

Potholes. Thats the best you can come up with. (lol)

I Want to turn the UK into a basket case failed nation because the road where I live is full of Potholes so it must be the EU's fault. FFS! I Give up. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-06-02 1:05 PM

malc d - 2018-06-02 12:54 PM

Nope.

Just about everyone I know voted to remain Malc but thats obviously not representative of the country. There is enough documented evidence now that show the demographic by age and the older generation generally voted out and the younger remain. Thats a fact.

Yet the fact that folk who knew what life was like before the EU are just stupid old codgers according to you? *-) ........

And those without that knowledge ie the young & dumb know what life will be like outside the EU? >:-) .........

I reckon our Barry has Unicorn sh1t fer brains 8-) ........

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-06-02 1:07 PM

pelmetman - 2018-06-02 12:36 PM

Potholes. Thats the best you can come up with. (lol)

I Want to turn the UK into a basket case failed nation because the road where I live is full of Potholes so it must be the EU's fault. FFS! I Give up. *-)

Unfettered EU migration, wage suppression, increased pressure on the NHS schools etc etc etc >:-) .........

Truth is there has never been a better UK than "The now"

Really ?

Years ago young people could get a well paid job fairly easily - with a final salary pension at the end of it.

They didn't have to pay to go to university.

They could buy their own house while still in their twenties

There was a lot more job security and zero hours contracts were almost unknown.

Not all the bad things that have happened since have been caused by membership of the EU - but if you think things are better than ever now I can only assume that you are a landlord.

Guest pelmetman

Nope.

How will your grandkids having to compete with (soon to be 34 countries) EU job seekers be a benefit to them???? 8-) ........

Just askin :-S .........

Archived