Irritating Forum Time Zone Setting?

StuartO

Does anyone else get irritated as well as confused by the date/time stamps applied to our postings?

I posted several times this morning and it's still not yet noon BST but according to the Forum software I posted them all just before midnight tonight, i.e. twelve hours or so into the future, New Zealand time?

I posted this one tomorrow morning!

That's interesting and suggests that it is my computer, yet my Windows 10 system time is more or less correct at 1248 on 1st June as I post this now.

You're a clever chap Derek, what setting of mine can be wrong?

I altered it to current BST and the times on all post showed correctly, yet when I went back to Forum  Control Panel it shows local time as some time tomorrow - but I didn't "save" it again, so the correct (previous) submission prevails.

Presumably the error arose when I last altered my profile and it saved this spurious default time zoning when I saved the change I intended to make.

Well thanks for your help anyway; I've not previously encountered a time zone setting of this sort on a forum and one which has a default setting of New Zealand time is perhaps even more unusual - but you telling me that your view of the times was different at least told me that it had to be something at my end!

Archived