Calais parking

Trickydicky1

we were in Calais last week and drove into the dock area where we usually overnight but were unable to get in due to the place having been revamped, there is now a large staff only parking area , there is still room for Motorhomes to park in the usual place but it was completely stuffed with cars and we could not get in , so in summary yes you can still overnight there if you are lucky enough to get in, we ended up on the new Calais aire for the night, 10 euros entry by bank card through the barrier,you can still service your van outside the barriers but you now have to pay for water.The new aire is at the far end of Calais beach from where the old aire was.

Yes your right vindiboy we were there last night.the free car park was full but we were lucky we did manage to find a space but only because we got there early. There was a constant stream of vans looking for a space all evening but the cars that were there were'nt moving.i think because there is no time restriction they are parked for the duration of their holiday maybe !!

You can park right at the front by ticket office free,for 30 minutes,or pay by the hour for up to 24hrs.expensive though. Better to go to aire.

City Europe car park is an Aire its free and patrolled regularly we know some friends who use it they said no probs massive shopping centre and great choice of wine in Carrefor toilets in shopping centre

We stay in Castels site Le Bien Assise or St Louise both are about 20 mins from sailing or tunnel

Ok smarty pants I missed out a comma/gap before "toilets" in my post

Are you a school teacher?

There is a constant flow of Brits in MH's here its a huge Centre of Commerce

Toilets not in Carrefour by the way

We used the Aire on the boulevard du Kent on the 4th June and will use it again on the 12th July on our way home, it's a regular overnight stop both ways

Only rubish bins but Magistrates court and hotel de police at Lorry parking area. end and sandwiched between the Cite De Europe shops and Le shuttle.

Have to admit three years ago it was rough, a tree got blown down, no damage.

B-)

Janal - 2018-06-25 11:52 AM

Ok smarty pants I missed out a comma/gap before "toilets" in my post

Are you a school teacher?

There is a constant flow of Brits in MH's here its a huge Centre of Commerce

Toilets not in Carrefour by the way

Lighten up Jamal, it was only meant to be a fun comment. All of us sometimes post a thread/reply that draws a joke reply that’s not meant to be a criticism. Sorry that it offended you.

Ron

Trickydicky1 - 2018-06-24 9:37 AM

Yes your right vindiboy we were there last night.the free car park was full but we were lucky we did manage to find a space but only because we got there early. There was a constant stream of vans looking for a space all evening but the cars that were there were'nt moving.i think because there is no time restriction they are parked for the duration of their holiday maybe !!

You can park right at the front by ticket office free,for 30 minutes,or pay by the hour for up to 24hrs.expensive though. Better to go to aire.

Yes you can park for free at the ticket office, I did just that trying to get a ferry crossing for the next day £190 they wanted, no way Hosey., I phoned the CCC and got a crossing for £106 , it is difficult to get in to the pay car park as the entrances are tight even more difficult getting out 8 metre van.

• 1 month later...

ticket office prices are scandalous. we use our phone data to log onto aferry. and check the prices for the next couple of days, and book.

for convenience for the free town bus, and access to the bars and restaurants we used to stay at the marina.

it became an official aire, but since the new aire was built the aire signs were taken down. is it still possible to overnight there??

KeithR - 2018-07-31 12:52 PM ... for convenience for the free town bus, and access to the bars and restaurants we used to stay at the marina. it became an official aire, but since the new aire was built the aire signs were taken down. is it still possible to overnight there??

Last time we were there you could still drive into that area, where cars still park, but parking a MH there would attract attention from migrants as well as perhaps the local police; it is no longer an Aire.

for many years it wasnt an official aire but many of us overnighted there. i just wondered if staying there was now frowned on due to the new pay aire. the only time id seen migrants there (not many or often) was when they were checking out the trucks that stayed there. i expect to pass through there in sept and the new aire is too far for my wife to walk comfortably into town (she recently had a stroke).

Archived